[Mb-hair] Re: Voting in Florida

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Thu Nov 4 14:28:11 PST 2004

I am so proud of you Cara..stay strong.

peace,
barbara
>From: Cara Robin"
><cararobindesign at hotmail.com>
>To: mb-hair at islandlists.com
>Subject: RE: [Mb-hair] Re: Voting in Florida
>Date: Thu, Nov 4, 2004

Hi Corinne,
I just returned from a swing-state trip to Nevada to GOTV. The feeling
there was positive and very hopeful. My group walked a precinct and I
must have knocked on over 100 doors - all Demos - who were excited and
above all VOTING. But one of our team had an unsettling report: one of
his voters had been visited by a Republican walker who informed him he
NEED NOT VOTE, Bush had already won Nevada! This was in the early
afternoon. The man was incredulous, ran to his polling place and voted
and immediately contacted the local DNC and reported it. First I heard
of this tactic, but that is what we're up against. Also, the van I drove
from LA with 5 volunteers was vandalized - I was with another team at
the time. Someone apparently threw a brick in the back window from an
overpass...scary. No one was injured but the van was out of commission
and the volunteers shaken up. We have a long difficult fight ahead but
will not give up. It's our country too!

Love, Cara