[Mb-hair] Re: Voting in Florida

Cara Robin cararobindesign at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:45:54 PST 2004

Hi Corinne,
I just returned from a swing-state trip to Nevada to GOTV. The feeling there
was positive and very hopeful. My group walked a precinct and I must have
knocked on over 100 doors - all Demos - who were excited and above all
VOTING. But one of our team had an unsettling report: one of his voters had
been visited by a Republican walker who informed him he NEED NOT VOTE, Bush
had already won Nevada! This was in the early afternoon. The man was
incredulous, ran to his polling place and voted and immediately contacted
the local DNC and reported it. First I heard of this tactic, but that is
what we're up against. Also, the van I drove from LA with 5 volunteers was
vandalized - I was with another team at the time. Someone apparently threw a
brick in the back window from an overpass...scary. No one was injured but
the van was out of commission and the volunteers shaken up. We have a long
difficult fight ahead but will not give up. It's our country too!

Love, Cara