[Mb-hair] Not One Damn Dime Day

Cara Robin cararobindesign at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 31 02:05:16 PST 2004

Yes, and I suggested that rather than stop shopping altogether, we "shop
blue" only!  That's stores like Cosco, Trader Joe's, Estee Lauder products,
Shell gasoline, etc.  The website www.buyblue.org lists many, as does
another I'll find and forward.

From: SharmagneS at aol.com
To: mb-hair at islandlists.com
Subject: [Mb-hair] Not One Damn Dime Day
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:49:54 EST

This is similar to one we got last week...

Not One Damn Dime Day - Jan. 20, 2005. The anti-inauguration!

If you are disappointed with GW Bush's re-election: and since our
religious leaders will not speak out against the war in Iraq, since our
political leaders don't have the moral courage to oppose it, Inauguration
Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not One Damn Dime Day" in America.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day" those who oppose what is happening in our name in
Iraq can speak up with a 24-hour national boycott of all forms of consumer
spending.

During "Not One Damn Dime Day" please don't spend money. Not one damn dime
for gasoline. Not one damn dime for necessities or for impulse purchases.
Not
one damn dime for nothing for 24 hours.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day," please boycott Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target and
Pepsico (Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, & Pepsi products).

Please don't go to the mall or the local convenience store. Please don't buy
any fast food (or any groceries at all for that matter).

For 24 hours, please do what you can to shut the retail economy down.

The object is simple. Remind the people in power that the war in Iraq is
immoral and illegal; that they are responsible for starting it and that it
is
their responsibility to stop it.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is to remind them, too, that they work for the
people
of the United States of America, not for the international Corporations and
Street lobbyists who represent the corporations and funnel cash into
American
politics.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is about supporting the troops. The politicians put
the troops in harm's way.

Now 1,200 brave young Americans and (some estimate) 100,000 Iraqis have
died.
The politicians owe our troops a plan - a way to come home.

There's no rally to attend. No marching to do. No left or right wing agenda
to rant about.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day" you take action by doing nothing. You open your
mouth by keeping your wallet closed.

For 24 hours, nothing gets spent, not one damn dime, to remind our religious
leaders and our politicians of their moral responsibility to end the war in
Iraq and give America back to the people.

Please share this email with as many people as possible!