[Mb-hair] From the "Scarecrow of Oz" authors Dedication

SharmagneS at aol.com SharmagneS at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 18:02:34 PST 2004

I used to sit in my grandmother's room in her home on Whittier Drive when I
was a small child and she would read those books to us. She had the original
editions, the pages   turned brown from age and had a musty smell.   I remember
the colour plates and the way she would change her voice as she read for
different characters in the book.     She also had Jack Pumpkin Head of OZ and Ozma
of Oz, as well as the more famous ones.   I rememebr Dorothy getting into a
terrible jam when she some how fell into a whirlpool.   I stayed out of the
water for a whole summer!

Thanks fr the memories!