[Mb-hair] My Christmas Poem

Leo peacefreak at metrocast.net
Thu Dec 9 16:40:24 PST 2004

I know, I know. We all get a zillion different versions of The Night Before
Christmas this time of year but hey man, this one is my original. It was
published in the Columbus Free Press circa December 1969. If ya don't wanna
read it, that's cool, just move on. For those that do however, I offer it up
to you.

Twas the night before Chrisrmas and all through the pad,
Everyone was high including my dad.
Love beads hung from our necks without care,
While holly boughs we had attached to the lengths of our hair.
The air it was thickening as the incense was burned.
What happened next? Man, no one was concerned.
My chick was coked out and I was doing reds,
So we got up kinda slow and sorta floated off to bed.
I had just nodded out when I awoke by surprise.
You really wouldn't believe what I saw before my eyes!
Then wouldn't you know that in a split second,
The Christmas Hipster appeared with many a present.
He was attired in a white robe and on his feet he wore sandals.
In one hand he held an old pouch; in the other a candle.
He said, "Peace be on Earth and I hope the war ends.
May you always stay high and make many a friend."
Then he placed his candle off to one side,
And grinned a stoned grin, man this cat was filled with pride.
He reached in his bag and pulled out some acid, some mescaline too,
Some soapers, some seconal, and even some glue.
Then he produced morphine, cocaine, junk, and speed
And last, but not least, twelve kilos of weed.
Then what to my surprise did he add to the stash,
But a lifetime supply of Lebanese hash!
So I looked at this pile amassed on my rug,
And I'll tell ya one thing, that Christmas Hipster didn't miss one drug.
So I rolled up a joint to offer him a toke,
But it was too late; he disappeared in a huge cloud of smoke.
But I heard his voice - it was pleasant and funny.
He said, "I'll see you all next year and F#!% the Easter Bunny!"

PEACE,
Leo