[Mb-hair] BBC E-mail: God cut from Dark Materials film

Doris J. Brook djbrook at hevanet.com
Wed Dec 8 11:54:03 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael" <michael at intrafi.com>
To: <mb-hair at islandlists.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 2:46 PM
Subject: [Mb-hair] BBC E-mail: God cut from Dark Materials film

> Michael saw this story on BBC News Online and thought you
> should see it.
>
> ** Message **
> Now censorship rears its ugly head. I hope they do not castrate these
wondeful books.
> Michael
>
> ** God cut from Dark Materials film **
> The director of the film version of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials is
to remove references to God.
> < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment/4077987.stm >

Argghh!  Thank you for passing this on, Michael.  My sons & I absolutely
love these books (I've read the first 2 aloud to my precocious 8 year old
and we're in the midst of the 3rd).  I think they make Harry Potter look
like candy-coated fluffl.  I suppose the "references" will just have to go
underground.  Dark times, indeed.

-Doris