[Mb-hair] Re: tom ohorgan still kicks ass

marc cohen marctheboxartist at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 5 08:02:22 PST 2004

how to respond to all this chatter regarding tom
since i am living and breathing 24/7 with him
who better to ask

fact is tom always had memory issues
the dementia that is now afflicting him is unfortunate
but we try not to dwell on it

one way is that we now have a stage in his loft
to be used for performance in a salon like setting
my thought was to bring the theater energy to tom
and to hope that he will be inspired to create
anew

yes it was a delight having michael butler visit
and bring back all the fond thoughts of once upon a time

also richard hasse and his desire to involve tom somehow in reference
to a project he is developing

the fact remains that tom wants to work
to make magic
but projects whatever they may be
shall be considered in a different way

what we need right now is to find someone to be his assistant
aka co-director
we had that for awhile
but ego got in the way

now and from this day forth
we are only interested in the process
and what is that?

readings?
workshops?
showcases?

tom was always about inventing
you all have witnessed firsthand
the brilliant results
as had the world of theater

but that is past and now we are here
from this point
and the topsy turvy environment

it seems as though this think tank
can evolve
and promote a different approach

as far as tom
he is for the most part healthy
but slowing down

the natural progression

yes he was eighty last may
the party was a last minute affair
which i threw together
not sure if was even a good idea
tom dislikes surprises

but then ben vereen calling from canada
sunk the deal

with his willingness to fly down just to be with his mentor and friend

the fact is i had been wanting to orchestrate a celebration at the new
biltmore on his birthday
but the new owners werent too excited
strange i would think it would have been a pr plus for them

nonetheless i am still planning on putting together an event to honor
and pay tribute to one of america's national treasures

this is a big undertaking
because it will involve many
first and foremost is when

already too late for next may
unless a miracle occurs

do you all believe in miracles?

where am i in all of this

well aside from my devotion to a man who i more than just admire
our love
it has no definition
our closeness defies description
save for the fact that life fate destiny brought us to here

and here is this amazing home full of musical toys and memorabilia
and love and energy
waiting to be born again

suddenly i find myself ranting on here

sorry