[Mb-civic] NYTimes.com: Once a Vision of Water, Mexico's Capital Now Thirsts for It

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Thu Mar 16 11:35:08 PST 2006

E-Mail ThisAs I noted back when the gas "crisis" occurred after the two hurricanes, while everyone is worrrying about oil, the crisis we should be worrying about is water.  Already, one of out three people on earth do not have potable water.  And as we pollute our water, land (which leaches into the water table), and air (which inevitably finds its way to the ocean), water will become scarcer and scarcer - in spite of Evian, Poland Spring and Dasani.  (And maybe partly because of them...)

Peace.