[Mb-civic] MORE ABOUT THE SHAH

Michael Butler michael at michaelbutler.com
Sun Mar 12 17:20:04 PST 2006

Sorry gather many could not open in earlier in Civic.

Here is the top with the copy of the first notice deleted:

I knew from the get go that this was a terrible mistake. The Shah was trying
to modernize Iran too fast, taking on the big landlords and the mullahs at
the same time. As if Henry VIII had taken on, at the same time, the church
and the barons. He would have advised the Shah to take from the landlords
and give to the mullahs or the reverse.
Of course Carter tossed the Iranians from the frying pan into the fire. And
we are paying for it today.
My point of view was then considered questionable because of my friendship
with the royal family (continues with his twin sister). Sure I liked them
but my opinion was/is mostly pragmatic.
I think the son is a player with moderate following.
My wish is they had a constitutional monarchy with a parliament. Many
historians agree that is the best form of government.
Michael