[Mb-civic] Senate: Investigate Illegal Wiretapping!

Democrats.com activist at democrats.com
Mon Mar 6 21:28:56 PST 2006

Tell the Senate to Investigate Bush's Illegal Wiretapping

On Tuesday March 7, the Senate Intelligence Committee will hold a vote on whether to investigate the domestic wiretaps that the president has already admitted were performed in defiance of the FISA court. Bill Frist has now threatened to restructure the Senate Intelligence Committee itself to strip it of oversight responsibility if it even dares to investigate Bush's dictatorial violations of the law. It is critically important that we speak out now to make sure justice prevails in this very winnable fight. With the votes against him three weeks ago, Senator Pat Roberts (R-KS) has already once unilaterally blocked a vote on this matter. We must raise every voice to make sure they know the people will not let them get away with it again.
http://www.millionemailmarch.com/wiretap_hearing.php

The key swing votes are Republican "moderates" Olympia Snowe (R-ME, 202-224-5344) and Chuck Hagel (R-NE, 202-224-4224). Let's start calling their offices at 9:00 a.m. and keep calling until they vote for a thorough investigation.
http://vichydems.blogspot.com/

Constituents of Olympia Snowe (R-ME) and Chuck Hagel (R-NE) should call their offices at 202-224-3121 starting at 9:00 a.m.
http://www.millionemailmarch.com/wiretap_hearing.php

_________________

Hey Pollsters: Quit Censoring Impeachment!

Seven months have passed since we began politely asking Corporate Media pollsters to include impeachment questions in their polls. Despite our efforts, every media pollster has refused to include an impeachment question (unless we paid for it). The few that have bothered to reply to our letters (like Richard Morin of the Pentagon Post) have basically told us to go "Cheney" ourselves. In the past two weeks, most of these pollsters have released new data. And every single poll shows a steep drop in Bush's approval rating. It's time to tell the media pollsters to stop censoring the truth and to include an impeachment question in every poll from now until Bush is impeached - and imprisoned.
http://democrats.com/quit-censoring-impeachment

We have all of their email addresses here. We've been patient for too long - let's give 'em hell!
http://democrats.com/bush-impeachment-polls
_________________

Exclusive Release of New Song By Anti-Flag

The political band Anti-Flag has given Afterdowningstreet.org the exclusive release of the unreleased song "Depleted Uranium Is A War Crime" from Anti-Flag's upcoming release "For Blood and Empire."

Listen here:
http://tinyurl.com/g8xqm

Congressman Jim McDermott has introduced a bill in Congress, H.R. 2410, The Depleted Uranium Munitions Study Act, which calls for in-depth studies to be conducted on DU and its effects on the health of those exposed to it. Ask Your Congress Member to Cosponsor.
http://www.millionemailmarch.com/du.php

Learn more about DU.
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/8597

_________________

Wall Street Journal Uses I Word: Graphic Tells the Story
Impeachment Proves Risky Political Issue
Some Democratic Activists Push Removing Bush From Office, But Mainstream Steers Clear
By JEANNE CUMMINGS, Wall Street Journal, March 6, 2006; Page A4

If Democratic candidate Tony Trupiano wins a Michigan House seat this fall, he pledges that one of his first acts will be to introduce articles of impeachment against President Bush.

That has earned Mr. Trupiano the endorsement of ImpeachPAC, a group of Democratic activists seeking to remove Mr. Bush from office. ImpeachPAC's Web site lists 14 candidates offering similar commitments, which are reminiscent of the Republican drive to oust former President Bill Clinton after the Monica Lewinsky scandal. READ MORE
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/8583

Read Bob Fertik's Reply to this article.
http://www.democrats.com/wsj-impeachpac

_________________

Co-Sponsors of H Res 635 Now at 28

There are now 28 Congress Members who believe an investigation should be conducted into possible grounds for impeachment. Learn more and ask your member to co-sponsor:
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/5768

_________________

UPCOMING EVENTS FOR IMPEACHMENT AND PEACE in CHARLOTTESVILLE, VIRGINIA

Town Hall Forum on the War in Iraq
Monday, March 13, 7 p.m. McLEOD AUDITORIUM - UVA School of Nursing.

Eman Ahmad Khamas, Iraqi journalist, activist living in Baghdad, defends women’s rights, documents crimes committed by U.S. and Iraqi forces.

Lt.Col.Karen Kwiatkowski, retired from Office of the Sec. of Defense on Near East South Asia Policy, outspoken critic of the Pentagon's pre-war propaganda development.

Ray McGovern, veteran Army officer and retired 27-year CIA analyst, Co-Founder of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity, witness at Congressional hearings on Downing Street Minutes.

Gael Murphy, cofounder of CODE PINK-Women for Peace, Board of Dir. International Occupation Watch Center, Steering Committee United for Peace and Justice,

David Swanson, cofounder of After Downing Street, Board member of Progressive Democrats of America, Washington Director of Democrats.com and Impeach PAC.

Tia Steele, member of Gold Star Families Speak Out, mother of U.S. soldier killed in Iraq.

Al Weed, Congressional candidate in Virginia’s 5th district, Veteran, opposes the Iraq war.

$5 suggested donation, no one turned away

Film: "Occupation Dreamland"
Wednesday, March 15, 7 p.m. WILSON HALL 301-University of Virginia
About a group of U.S. soldiers in Falluja. Iraq

March for Peace and Impeachment
Monday, March 20, 4 p.m. ROTUNDA to DOWNTOWN
March beginning at the Rotunda - University of Virginia - at 4 p.m. and proceeding to the Freedom of Expression Wall on the Downtown Mall near City Hall for a rally. Come prepared to buy a yard sign and carry it in the march, or bring your own posters, flags, noise makers, musical instruments.

3 YEARS TOO MANY

WAGE PEACE

Charlottesville Center for Peace and Justice charlottesvillepeace.org
434 961-6278, 540 456-6028

_________________

Stop the Katrina Evictions
March 14
Demand a stop to evictions, demand trailers for survivors, and demand passage of H.R. 4197.
Press Conference: 1:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Rayburn House Office Building – Room #2237
Mardi Gras Style March for Justice: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. from Capitol South Metro Stop at 12:00 p.m. to the White House
Rally & Protest at the White House: 3:00 p.m. – 11:59 p.m. Lafayette Park
http://www.katrinamarch.org

_________________

Sign up for these events, find others, and create your own at
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/event

See Also UFPJ:
http://unitedforpeace.org/calendar.php?caltype=39&lcountry=&state=&search=Search

And PDA:
http://pdamerica.org/events/main-list.php

FORWARD THIS EMAIL

#####

If you received this from a friend, you can subscribe at:
http://afterdowningstreet.org

To unsubscribe from AfterDowningStreet Updates, click here:
http://archive.democrats.com/unsub.cfm?email=mb-civic@islandlists.com&fieldname=L16

To unsubscribe from all Democrats.com mailings, click here:
http://archive.democrats.com/unsub.cfm?email=mb-civic@islandlists.com&fieldname=L1