[Mb-civic] RIM settles

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 3 15:40:01 PST 2006

RIM settles even though it "Won" all patent suits. The judge in question refused to acknowledge the US Patent Court ???? So where is the Justice??

http://www.cbc.ca/story/business/national/2006/03/03/rim1-060303.html

Just shows you how some US judges are concerning certain foreign companies operating in America, This is not the first time, nor the last.

If RIM had donated  $1,000,000 to Bush's Library like UAE did (Ports issue) then it would be different, but RIM took the high road and did not buy politicians and judges like NTP has and in doing so lost.

Legal vultures like NTP give America a bad name for business.

America is for sale and America at the end of the day will suffer these actions when 75 + % of its GNP which it is nearing  is controlled buy foreign interests as it's debt is.

RIM has decided to pay the piper/blackmailer and get on with business instead of wasting more time in a US court that is not fair!

RIM is fortunate that it can pay this extortion, but many many companies can not and are forced out of business.

Later in disgust, H

I apologise for my diatribe, but this action/conduct disturbs me.