[Mb-civic] AG Gonzales' Defense Of U.S. Domestic Spy Program Draws Protests and Criticism from Law Professors, Students

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Wed Jan 25 19:44:08 PST 2006

Michael  ( michael at intrafi.com )
sent you this story from democracynow.org

|  AG Gonzales' Defense Of U.S. Domestic Spy Program Draws Protests and Criticism from Law Professors, Students
|  http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/01/25/155217

On Tuesday, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales appeared at Georgetown Law School to deliver an address defending the NSA domestic spy programs. During the course of his address, nearly 30 students stood up one-by-one and turned their back on Gonzales in protest. A panel of law professors addressed Gonzales’ speech, calling it illegal.  We play excerpts of Gonzales’ speech and law professor David Cole responding. [includes rush transcript]
This story continues at: