[Mb-civic] Men's Abortion Rights

Michael Butler michael at michaelbutler.com
Sat Jan 14 15:20:04 PST 2006

I do think that men have some rights in this matter. I think they should be
consulted in good faith. I think the decision is with the Mother to be. If
the man is opposed and the lady proceeds should he be considered
responsible. I think not.
Also if the lady decides to have an abortion that is her right but I repeat
that the man should be consulted, certainly advised.
I have personal experience in the area.
Living together with a well known lady she was concerned about public
reaction. Without talking about it she had an abortion. It destroyed our
relationship. I would have agreed either way with her wishes and would have
been with her whatever. I was deeply wounded. She did not consider my, the
mans, position.