[Mb-civic] What every pro-choice American should know about Samuel Alito

Mother Jones newsletters at motherjones.com
Wed Jan 11 09:31:02 PST 2006

The Following is a Paid message:

" ...the Constitution does not protect a right to an abortion."
-- Samuel Alito, Supreme Court nominee

Dear Friend,

As this week's Supreme Court confirmation hearings begin, here
is what every American who values personal freedom and
responsibility needs to know about Supreme Court nominee Samuel
Alito:

:: During his time at the Department of Justice under President
Reagan, Alito was a key architect of legal strategies to
dismantle and eventually overturn Roe v. Wade.

:: He wrote that "the Constitution does not protect a right to
an abortion."

These facts confirm our worst fears, and give us every reason to
believe that if Samuel Alito is confirmed to the Supreme Court,
he could dismantle Roe v. Wade and end the right to choose for
millions of American women.

We know what he'd like to do -- the question is, what will YOU
do to stop him? Here at NARAL Pro-Choice America, the leading
national advocate for personal privacy and a woman's right to
choose, we are doing all we can to counter the radical right's
efforts to get Samuel Alito confirmed and defeat his nomination.

Here's how you can make a critical difference in this fight...
http://ga3.org/ct/jdAtuW71lRrB/

As the Senate formally begins considering his nomination, many
senators have not stated their position on Alito. This means
that right now is our best opportunity to make a real impact --
but only if you contact your senators TODAY.
http://ga3.org/ct/jdAtuW71lRrB/

Alito's allies on the radical right are supporting their nominee
by generating emails and calls to senators in force -- but with
your help, we can drown them out. Let both of your senators know
where you stand on Samuel Alito's nomination - contact your
senators today!
http://ga3.org/ct/jdAtuW71lRrB/

Thanks for your help -- together we can save our hard-won
freedoms for generations to come.

Sincerely,
Nancy Keenan
President
NARAL Pro-Choice America

This message was sent to michael at intrafi.com. To modify your email
communication preferences or update your personal profile, visit
your subscription management page at:

http://ga3.org/investigativefund/smp.tcl?nkey=wd37bud4a5btn66&

To stop receiving Mother Jones' Offers, unsubscribe using the
following link:

To stop ALL email from Mother Jones eMail List, reply via email
with "remove" in the subject line or use the following link:

http://ga3.org/investigativefund/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=center&nkey=wd37bud4a5btn66&

The opinions expressed in this e-mail message are not
necessarily those of the Mother Jones staff or board. For Mother
Jones's advertising policy, please click here:
http://ga3.org/ct/j7AtuW71lRrX/