[Mb-civic] FW: 2 articles

Golsorkhi grgolsorkhi at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 6 12:56:41 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Samii Shahla <shahla at thesamiis.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:53:01 -0500
Subject: 2 articles

Iran¹s Ahmadinejad: Sharon dead and ³others to follow suit²

Thursday, 5th January 2006

Iran Focus

Tehran, Jan 05 ­ Iran¹s hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told a crowd
of theological students in the holy city of Qom on Thursday that Israeli
Prime Minister Ariel Sharon ³has joined his ancestors and others will soon
follow suit², according to the state-run Mehr news agency.

³The Butcher of Sabra and Shatila has joined his ancestors and others will
soon follow suit², Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying. The same report
appeared on the website Khedmat, which is run by members of the Iranian
president¹s entourage.

Ahmadinejad¹s announcement of the death of the Israeli Prime Minister comes
at a time when Sharon was reportedly fighting for his life on Thursday after
a massive brain stroke.

Iran¹s state-owned media and newspapers have been reporting the Israeli
leader¹s deteriorating health condition with evident glee. In a statement
put out by state-run news agencies, the Headquarters for the Commemoration
of Martyrs of the Global Islamic Movement said ³the death of Sharon brings
joy to the hearts of Muslims².

The ultra-conservative president told the radical Shiite Islamists, many of
whom have come to Qom from different Muslim countries, that Islam did not
restrict itself to geographical borders.

³We must believe in the fact that Islam is not confined to geographical
borders, ethnic groups and nations. It¹s a universal ideology that leads the
world to justice², Ahmadinejad said.

³We don¹t shy away from declaring that Islam is ready to rule the world², he
added.

Ahmadinejad dwelled on his recurrent theme that the return of the Shiite
Messiah, the Mahdi, is not far away and Muslims must prepare for it.

³We must prepare ourselves to rule the world and the only way to do that is
to put forth views on the basis of the Expectation of the Return²,
Ahmadinejad said, referring to the Shiite Muslim belief that the Mahdi, on
his return, will establish justice in a world consumed by chaos and
corruption.

³If we work on the basis of the Expectation of the Return [of the Mahdi],
all the affairs of our nation will be streamlined and the administration of
the country will become easier², Ahmadinejad said.

³Some politicians think we had a revolution so that some could hit others in
the head and have one party ruling for some time and another party in
opposition for some time. But we had a revolution to achieve a lofty goal,
on the basis on the Expectation of the Return², he said.

Ahmadinejad said Divine Providence was helping Iran¹s Islamist regime, as
the turn of events around the world picked up speed.

³Our interpretation is that the hand of the Almighty is putting every piece
of the jigsaw puzzle of the future of the world in place in line with the
goals of Islam², the hard-line president said.

Ahmadinejad cited the United States occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, both
Iran¹s neighbours, as proof of his assertion.

³The Global Oppressor [the U.S.] occupied these countries with the aim of
putting pressure on Iran, but God let the fruit of this fall on the lap of
the Iranian nation², he said.
---

-------------

Stampa

IRAN: ISRAEL PREPARES ANTI-AHMADINEJAD WEBSITE

Jerusalem, 5 Jan. (AKI) - The Israeli foreign ministry is planing to launch
a new website in Farsi to counter the anti-Israel campaign of the Iranian
president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Anti-Zionist propaganda, which calls for the
Jewish state to be wiped off the map and defines the Holocaust as a myth
than needs reviewing, is part of the rhetorical and political baggage used
by the new Iranian president and representatives of his administration.

According to Israeli sources, the site will be managed by Menashe Amir, a
well-known journalist of Iranian origin who a few weeks ago became the
director of programmes in Farsi in Kol Israel, a public radio station in Tel
Aviv.

(Rah/Aki)
---

ar=0#