[Mb-civic] And the Gold Medal Goes to...

Greenpeace webmaster at greenpeaceusa.org
Tue Feb 28 11:25:44 PST 2006

Dear Michael,

And the gold medal goes to
 Kleenex! With a new world record for fastest forest destruction, Kimberly-Clark, maker of Kleenex, is the world champion of forest destruction, making four million tons of tissue products – like Kleenex facial tissue and Cottonelle toilet paper - from clearcut ancient forests every year.

Kleenex sponsored this year’s Winter Olympic Games in Torino, Italy, promoting the company’s “Kleenex Moments” ad campaign. Well, it takes 90 years to grow a box of Kleenex, and just a moment to throw one away, so I suppose I can’t accuse them of false advertising.

Take Action >> http://members.greenpeace.org/action/start.php?action_id=86
You can award Kleenex with your own gold medal!

Sincerely,
Pamela Wellner
Olympic Judge (and Forest Campaigner)

p.s. If you’re a small business owner, we’d like you to take the Kleercut pledge not to sell Kimberly Clark products in your store:
http://members.greenpeace.org/action/start.php?action_id=85
~~~~~
The Future of Polar Bears Hangs in the Balance

This year’s winter Olympics had it all – except for much snow. Even primetime news was making a connection to global warming. But Torino isn’t the only place lacking snow. The sea ice in the Arctic has been disappearing, and the polar bear may disappear right along with it if we don’t stop global warming. We’ve joined forces with other environmental groups to list the polar bear on the endangered species list. Now it’s your turn to lend polar bears a hand. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is officially considering listing the polar bear, and they want to hear from YOU.

Take Action >> Help polar bears stay afloat.
http://members.greenpeace.org/action/start.php?action_id=84

Sincerely,
Melanie Duchin
Clean Energy Campaigner
~~~~~
3 Ways to Help

1: Help Greenpeace Take a Stand. Become a Member Today.
https://secureusa.greenpeace.org/securedonate/index.php?from=022806

2: Take Action.  Visit our Action Center and take action today.
http://usactions.greenpeace.org/

3: Tell a Friend.  Forward this message to a friend. Help spread the word.
http://hq.demaction.org/dia/organizations/greenpeace/tellafriend.jsp?tell_a_friend_KEY=669
~~~~~
Greenhouse Olympics

The Olympic games are over - will they ever be the same again?

Watch our video >> See what global warming has in store for future Olympic hopefuls:
http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/assets/binaries/olympicglobalwarming
~~~~~
GOT Skills?

If you’re between the ages of 18-24 and think you have what it takes to change the world, we want to hear from YOU!
http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/getinvolved/greenpeace-organizing-term
~~~~~
Greenpeace
702 H Street, NW
Suite 300
Washington, D.C. 20001
(800) 326-0959
~~~~~
You received this mailing because you are subscribed to our mailing list. If you need to update your information or prefer not to receive these mailings in the future, go to:

We value your privacy. If you have any questions about how we use your information please read our privacy policy.
http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/footer/privacy
~~~~~
Did you know?

The Polar Bear is the largest four-footed carnivore on Earth.
/*Your email ID. <diaEmailID='88004003' thread=887/>--*/