[Mb-civic] More info on Google recent partnership w/Chinese Govt.

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at msn.com
Tue Feb 7 22:02:16 PST 2006

Check out article below...

barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: Tenzin Dorjee
Sent: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:38:23 -0800
To: sft-region2 at lists.riseup.net, havetimewillprotest at lists.riseup.net
Subject: [sft-sector2] Join us next Tuesday - NYC Google Protest

Dear all,

Next Tuesday is Valentine's Day - and we all have plans for the evening,
of course ;-) But it's also a worldwide day of protest against Google's
recent partnership with the Chinese government. We hope you can join us
for a lunch-time demonstration and political theater at the Google
office near Times Square in New York. We'll be "breaking up" with Google
on Valentine's Day and letting the world know we have "No Luv 4 Google"
as long as they are in bed with the Chinese government!

*WHERE: 1440 Broadway (btw 40th & 41st)
WHEN: Tues., Feb 14th, 12pm - 2pm
*

In case you haven't heard, Google is actively assisting the Chinese
authorities' propaganda efforts with a new custom-built search platform
for China (and Tibet of course) that censors and distorts information on
Tibet, human rights, Falun Gong, and anything else considered
"politically sensitive" to Beijing. We hope you've also seen our new
campaign website: http://NoLuv4Google.com

*Please join us near Times Square to show Google - in various creative
and funny ways - that our heart is for a free Tibet and a free China.
*To find us, just look for the Tibet activists dressed up as giant candy
hearts :-) By the way, your boss probably won't notice if you take a
longer-than-usual lunch break, or fake a dentist appointment... all for
a good cause!

I'll be out of town the rest of this week - so for more info, contact
Matt at matt at studentsforafreetibet.org.
Phone: (212) 358 0071

Hope to see you there!

Tendor
Grassroots Coordinator, Students for a Free Tibet

www.NoLuv4Google.com

Students for a Free Tibet (SFT) works in solidarity with the Tibetan people in their struggle for freedom and independence. We are a chapter-based network of young people and activists around the world. Through education, grassroots organizing, and non-violent direct action, we campaign for Tibetans fundamental right to political freedom. Our role is to empower and train youth as leaders in the worldwide movement for social justice.