[Mb-civic] [Mb-hair] The Emperor's Clothes (HAIR nude scene)

tiogajoe at juno.com tiogajoe at juno.com
Thu Feb 2 14:22:46 PST 2006

As Michael has oft reminded us, HAIR's nude scene was inspired by an actual political protest during the Vietnam Era in which the participants visually demonstrated that the CounterCulture revolutionaries see through the covers our then-emperors (LBJ & RMN) cloaked themselves in to excuse and promote their [profitable] war agenda in Vietnam -- but, on the otherhand, WE are NOT afraid to be seen in such totality.  You wanna see true democracy, strip everyone down to nothing but flesh ... and hair.  The prince is equal to the pauper.

But lemme get off this soap-boxy tangent.  The point is, see below for a quite timely referral to the "Emperor's Clothes" analogy, in reference to our current emperor and his entourage's stifling of dissent towards their waging of the current [profitable] war.

--tioga joe

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/020106R.shtml

Woolsey Statement regarding Cindy Sheehan
    By Representative Lynn Woolsey
    t r u t h o u t | Statement
    Wednesday 01 February 2006

    Washington, DC - US Representative Lynn Woolsey (D-Petaluma) today issued the following statement regarding Cindy Sheehan's arrest in the gallery of the House of Representatives before the State of the Union address. Mrs. Sheehan was Rep. Lynn Woolsey's guest to the President's State of the Union address.

    "Since when is free speech conditional on whether you agree with the President? Cindy Sheehan, who gave her own flesh and blood for this disastrous war, did not violate any rules of the House of Representatives. She merely wore a shirt that highlighted the human cost of the Iraq war and expressed a view different than that of the President. Free speech and the First Amendment exist to protect dissenting statements like Ms. Sheehan's last night."

    "Stifling the truth will not blind Americans to the immorality of sending young Americans to die in an unnecessary war, against a nation that posed no threat to our security. The President's speech last night was yet another attempt to distort history, as he suggested - once again - that the 9/11 terrorists came from Iraq. Everyone knows this is not true. We must not be afraid to say that the emperor has no clothes. It's time to bring our troops home."