[Mb-civic] More on Gore

NPDLP at aol.com NPDLP at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 06:36:04 PDT 2006

Here  is a story I received today regarding the Social
Security Program and  I immediately thought of
Elliott Roosevelt's comments.  I Hope  you will read
this and think about it.

Franklin  Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA)  Program.  He  promised:

1.) That participation in the  Program would be
completely voluntary,

2.) That the  participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their  annual
incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the  participants elected to put
into the Program would be deductible  from
their income for tax purposes each year,

4.) That the  money the participants put into the
independent "Trust Fund" rather  than into the
General operating fund, and therefore, would
only be  used to fund the Social Security
Re tirement Program, and no  other
Government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to  the retirees
would never be taxed as income.

-----------------------

Since  many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
now receiving a  Social Security check every month --
and then finding that we are  getting taxed on 85% of
the money we paid to the Federal government to  "put
away" -- you may be interested in the following:

Q:  Which Political Party took Social Se curity from the
independent  "Trust Fund" and put it into the
General fund so that Congress could  spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
controlled House and Senate.

Q:  Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
deduction for Social  Security (FICA) withholding?