[Mb-civic] Anyone in NYC check this out.

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at msn.com
Tue Apr 25 15:12:18 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Tenzin Dorjee
Sent: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:34:49 -0700
To: sft-region2 at lists.riseup.net
Subject: [sft-sector2] Tibetan Arms & Armor Exhibit at the Met

*Warriors of the Himalayas: Rediscovering the Arms and Armor of Tibet
an Exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (*1000 Fifth Avenue, New York)
April 5, 2006-July 2, 2006
Special Exhibition Galleries, 1st floor

This exhibition is the first comprehensive study of armor, weapons, and
equestrian equipment from the Tibetan plateau, a subject that has
remained virtually unexplored until now. Many rare or previously unknown
examples of helmets, body armor, swords, horse armor, saddles, and
stirrups are exhibited and published here for the first time. Dating
from the 13th to the 20th century, these objects include some of the
finest examples of Himalayan ironwork embellished with gold and silver
and extremely rare decorated leatherwork.

Visit the online Met Store for related publications, reproductions, and
other products.

The exhibition is made possible by The Brine Family Charitable Trust.

The exhibition catalogue is made possible by The Carl Otto von Kienbusch
Memorial Fund and the Grancsay Fund.
Students for a Free Tibet (SFT) works in solidarity with the Tibetan people in their struggle for freedom and independence. We are a chapter-based network of young people and activists around the world. Through education, grassroots organizing, and non-violent direct action, we campaign for Tibetans fundamental right to political freedom. Our role is to empower and train youth as leaders in the worldwide movement for social justice.