[Mb-civic] In my Opinion we can compare Hu to Hitler

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at msn.com
Sun Apr 9 13:19:56 PDT 2006

Dear Civic Friends,

Our country should be ashamed of their sucking up to China.... #1 reason, China is a Communist Country yet look how they make the Cuban people suffer supposedly for being Communist. #2 reason, Hu is enacting atrocities torturing and murdering innocent people for carrying only a picture of the Dalai Lama, (can you imagine that? it is unfathomable to me), mentioning his name, and so much more IF you read up on it.

Enclosed is a good article not too long. :-)

peace,
barbara
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
World Tibet Network News

Published by: The Canada Tibet Committee
Editorial Board: Brian Given, Conrad Richter, Nima Dorjee, Tseten Samdup, Thubten (Sam) Samdup
WTN Editors: wtn-editors at tibet.ca

4. Hitler, Hu Jintao, and Tibet Demonstrations
----------------------------------------------Sunday, April 09, 2006
By Larry Gerstein

As a person of Jewish heritage, I have imagined how I would respond if Hitler
were to visit the USA while the slaughtering of Jews was still going on or if
it had ended. I could not sit still for one
moment and I would rise up and take some
action. If Hitler was to apology for his vicious, despicable acts of cruelty, I would
strive to forgive him, but it would take years of hard work and reflection.
Regardless, I would want Hitler to know
that I totally disapproved of his actions and
that he had to take full responsibility for
his brutality.

While I am not Tibetan, for me, I have
similar feelings and thoughts about Hu.
Under his rule in Tibet during the late 1980's and early 1990's, unthinkable acts of
violence and destruction were carried out.
Further, he instituted martial law and cracked down on the religious and other
freedoms granted by the previous Chinese leader of Tibet. Now as the leader of China,
Hu has continued to suppress human rights in Tibet, he has helped to finalize the
railroad, and he has implemented policies
and strategies to further the genocide.

Instead of remaining quiet or changing the
character of our actions when Hu arrives in
the USA, along with coordinating the largest Tibet demonstrations ever seen in
the USA, we should be filing charge against
Hu leading to his appearance before an
international tribunal. Why should he
escape scrutiny and punishment for his
crimes against humanity and his acts of
genocide? He's not repented nor would this justify a "free ride."

If we all continue to not only ignore the
brutality of such individuals but also
placate them, the leaders of China will
never change their position about Tibet nor will they be held accountable To not
pursue the truth is tantamount to endorsing the communist framework of
control. More often than not, citizens living
in communist countries are afraid to stand
up in opposition to the oppression of their government for fear of severe reprisals or
being denied their requests.

Not all Tibetans and TSGs will be held
hostage by The PRC, nor will we succumb
to the threats of guilt, open acts of
intimidation, and destructive attempts to
weaken our democratic freedoms. Some of
us will not be held captive and will
continue to mobilize our voices and
resources until independence is achieved
for those inside of Tibet, those who desire
breaking the chains of "refugee" status so
that they can return to a Free Tibet, and
more important, those who died for Rangzen.