[Mb-civic] Bush Supporters of the Far Right: Cries from the Lake of Fire

Mike Blaxill mblaxill at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 07:31:50 PDT 2005

Bush Supporters of the Far Right: Cries from the
Lake of Fire
by Hunter

Thu Sep 29th, 2005 at 15:18:21 PDT

At Blogs For Bush, which bills itself as the
Whorehouse... er, "White House" of the
Blogosphere, the ever effervescent Mark Noonan
writes about the DeLay indictment:

"...As our Sister Toldjah noted earlier, the
"indictment" of Tom Delay is entirely bogus -
from what I've read, Tom Delay didn't know about
the perfectly legal transaction he is accused of
conspiring to make. We have now left entirely the
field of normal political conflict and entered a
twilight world where fantasy is presented as fact
and the only standard of conduct is "will it
work?". This is not the actions of a political
Party engaged in seeking a majority - it is the
action of a Party determined to destroy its
opponents entirely and sieze all power for
itself...it is, in short, the stuff from which
civil wars are made...

I really do urge our Democrats to step back from
the edge - you are sitting in a lake of gasoline
and you are playing with fire. We on our side
will only put up with so much before we start to
pay back with usury what we have received. If you
can't defeat Tom Delay in the electoral field,
then you will simply have to accept him as
Majority Leader of the United States House of
Representatives - and you'd better start
accepting political reality before things get
really bad...."

Mark... may I call you Mark? I feel when someone
has shown me the insides of their own rectum,
we're pretty much on a first name basis... I have
some words for you.

Whitewater. Rush Limbaugh. "Drug Dealer" Bill
Clinton. Swift Boats.

Vince Fucking Foster.

Playing with fire, you say? Because the
indictments ringing Tom DeLay finally reached up
that one, final step from his ring of closest
advisers to DeLay himself? Because the SEC has
launched a formal investigation into the same
behaviors by Bill Frist that put Martha Stewart
recently in prison? Because one of the single
most visible, highest profile Republican money
men has been indicted for fraud, is being
investigated for client shakedowns, and has his
close business associates being investigated for
a mob-connected murder?

What utter cowardice. What pathetic anti-American
pedantry. What laughable protestation. The crimes
of campaign money laundering, of fraud, of
conspiracy, the violation of the laws of the
nation, to be answered with stern visions of
potential gunfire if Democrats have the audacity
to pursue it.

This is the world of the Republican Party, split
open like a rotting pumpkin. Crime after crime
after crime being investigated, all revolving
around the Republican money machine. Every seed
connected by the strands of money they share
between them. Barely-laundered campaign money
passed in the palm of every flabby handshake.
Every player in boldface, underlined print in the
Rolodex of every other.

And still, this same bottom-tier world of
flag-waving supporters still obsessed over an
extramarital sex act, but offended to the point
of sad, blustering threats at the notion that
crimes by gilded and worshipped Republicans are
really still crimes.

Your party has set aflame the entire political
landscape, and now, once burned, you warn sternly
from the branches of a burnt-out tree about
"playing with fire". You used the ashes of one of
the great liberal cities of America, New York
City, as war paint for your own sick, racist
dreams. You shudder at a burning flag, yet are
willing to snip-and-cut basic tenets of the
Constitution as needed or convenient.

And now, you're outraged, not by any of the rest
of it, not by anything that has come before, but
because a few prominent Republican faces have --
shock of shocks -- been indicted in probes that
have spanned years of investigation, and
interrogation, and deposition. That, you say,
represents the underpinnings of a civil war.

You poor, hollow, blood-painted clowns. Cheering
the trials and failures of your country with the
same pennants and giant foam hands that you wave
at your favorite sports teams. Willing to accept
the most outrageous of lies, if they are spoken
from your favorite talking heads, and soothe your
own notions of America for you, and only for you.

And as for the audacity of Democrats speaking up
during this process... the redfaced, flatulent
fury with which you declare Republicans
off-limits to that which you so gleefully hurl
yourself...

Welcome to the world of the politics of personal
destruction, you tubthumping, chin-jutting, Bush
humping gits. Welcome to the nasty and partisan
world that Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Michelle
Malkin, Hugh Hewitt, Grover Norquist, Newt
Gingrich, Tom DeLay, and a legion of
insignificant lowest-rung toadies like yourselves
nurtured into fruition daily with eager, grubby
hands, and now look upon with dull-faced faux
horror.

I know you hate me, and anyone else who dares
disturb the thin strands of alternate reality in
which George W. Bush is an intellectual giant,
Saddam really was responsible for 9/11, the
economy is getting better by the minute, and we
capture the most very important members of al
Qaeda on a weekly basis.

But here's some advice. You'd better start hating
me more. This is the world you forged and,
unfortunately for you, I'm beginning to take a
fancy for it. Welcome to the politics of your own
party, finally sprouting from the ground on which
you planted the seeds and shat upon them.

Step back from the edge? You poor boy, asleep in
the back of the car the whole trip, finally
waking up and wondering where you're at.

Swift boats. Aluminum tubes. Niger uranium.
"Mushroom clouds". Whitewater.

Vince Fucking Foster.

You can't even see the edge from here. You left
it behind a hundred miles back.

So don't give me chest-thumping crap about civil
wars, if your politicians are indicted. Don't
give me visions of a lake of fire, if all those
who find you loathsome refuse to suck at your
teats of scientific ignorance in the name of
religion, racism in the name of freedom, and
corruption in the name of the New World Order.

Get used to the world you have created, and the
stench your worshipped heroes have unleashed.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/9/29/181822/366