[Mb-civic] Karen Hughes gets trashed in Turkey

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 28 17:44:33 PDT 2005

Life outside the Bush Bubble is not sweet.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/28/AR2005092801429_pf.html

I would think Ms Hughes has walked into the same thing Colin Powell did. The World thinks differently than Mr. Bush does.

Here is a Powell story Feb 2004  http://slate.msn.com/id/2095756/  for example, not pretty, and not of the same context as Hughes, just interesting.

Anyway, Ms Hughes has been given a tough job of winning hearts and minds, but her audiences are not controlled like Bush's audiences are.

The administration only invites pro, pro, fanatically pro Bush audiences to his gatherings, so that he truly believes he is the man.

Out side of the Bush controlled bubble it is a different world. Either Hughes is psychopathic and/or a Bush true believer fanatic to take on this exercise in futility and declare it a successful trip so that he (Bush) can sleep at night thinking that he is still doing a good thing. I do not know, what I do know is that she is, has been met with hostility where ever she goes, and if she does not get the message, then American foreign diplomacy is truly doomed.

I listen and watch Ms Hughes speeches as to how America is the great savoir and am just sickened by her dogma.

later, H