[Mb-civic] No Subject

Rrreuteb at aol.com Rrreuteb at aol.com
Mon Sep 19 10:25:21 PDT 2005

Oh. Too good not to send!
Via my friend Doatsy.
Love and Light, Reute

 I don’t know how old this is – but it’s perfect…..

 Bill Maher's closing--presented as an open message to George Bush.

 "Mr. President, this job can't be fun for you any more.  There's no  more
money to spend--you used up all of that.  You can't start another  war because
you  used up the army.  And now, darn the luck, the rest of your term has
become the Bush family nightmare: helping poor  people.  Listen to your  Mom.  The
cupboard's bare, the credit cards  maxed out.  No one's speaking to
you.  Mission accomplished.
 "Now it's time to  do what you've always done best: lose interest and  walk
away.  Like you  did with your military service and the oil  company and the
baseball team.  It's time.  Time to move on and try  the next
fantasy  job.  How about cowboy or space man?  Now I know  what you're saying:  there's so many
other things that you as  President could involve yourself in.  Please
don't.  I know, I know.  There's a lot left to do.  There's a war with
Venezuela.  Eliminating the sales tax on yachts.  Turning the space program over to the
church.  And Social Security to Fannie Mae.  Giving embryos the vote.

 "But, Sir, none of that is going to happen now.  Why?  Because you  govern
like Billy Joel drives.  You've performed so poorly I'm  surprised that
you  haven't given yourself a medal.  You're a  catastrophe that walks like
a  man.  Herbert Hoover was a shitty
 president, but even he never conceded  an entire city to rising water  and
snakes.

 "On your watch,  we've lost almost all of our allies, the surplus,  four
airliners, two trade centers, a piece of the Pentagon and the  City of New
Orleans.  Maybe  you're just not
 not saying  you don't love this  country.  I'm just wondering how much worse
it  could be if you were on  the other side.
  "So, yes, God does speak to you.  What he is saying is: 'Take a hint.'