[Mb-civic] (no subject)

reute reute at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 18 08:27:41 PDT 2005

Recently I received the old anti-Jane e-mail which has been
circulating for years. You know, the one in which she was said to
have betrayed the US POW's-"According to the story,  "...she walked
the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging
snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" & "Are you
grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?"  etc.
TruthOrFiction.com located Jerry Driscoll who said that the accounts
about him in the email are "...the product of a very vivid
imagination" and he requests that people please stop passing it on to
others."

the unvarnished truth about Jane Fonda..yes she was thoughtless in
her trip to North Vietnam. yes she made mistakes...she has apologized
many times . So I thought I would do a little on line research on her
and see what really happened. She turns out to be not as snow driven
as I would have liked--yes she did some things that were not cool at
all--but I remember how those of us who were against the war felt.
Passions were very high, as they are now about Iraq, about New
Orleans, about 9/11 and the lack of desire of this administration to
take care of any American other than the super rich--and I don't mean
simple millionaires.
It is easy to go too far when one is in defense of one's deepest
beliefs. For example, did anyone see recently that a group of right
wing extremists picketed the Human Rights Campaign hq in New York
carrying signs which read "Thank you Katrina for killing sodomists"
and charming things along those lines?

Anyway, what we need is healing and forgiveness. And a new
administration! One based on inclusiveness and fairness, not fear and
power hunger.
Anyway, I feel for Jane. She made a huge mistake. And I applaud her
for helping people.
That's all. xox   Love and light.  Reute
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hanoijane.htm

and has done a lot since to make up for it, helping many people.
http://www.peoplecounttv.com/About_People_Count/About_Jane_Fonda/
about_jane_fonda.htm

We all make mistakes. Good for her for apologizing, and for trying to
make a positive difference on the planet.