[Mb-civic] Rainbow Emergency Management Assembly (REMA)

NYRainbowFamily at aol.com NYRainbowFamily at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 06:23:44 PDT 2005

Howdy Folks,

Below is an update from Arjay, one of the REMA  team in Waveland, MS.  These
folks are doing a great job down there.   We've received several e-mails
asking how folks can donate to this effort.   Here are the paypal accounts that go
direct to REMA in Waveland.
These following links are where to donate. Both representatives of these
links, are on site, with proper passwords.

To CALM DONATE general  medical fund (it all goes to the same place)
_http://tinyurl.com/836ps_ (http://tinyurl.com/836ps)

To  Hawkers WATER fund, which is being used for this effort for 90 days (it
all  goes to the same place)
_http://tinyurl.com/cqdky_ (http://tinyurl.com/cqdky)
Anyone wanting to go down there and help out is welcome, come prepared to
work hard and get amazing inner rewards - no drainbows  please.
This Ain't No Party, This Ain't No  Disco
This Ain't Not Foolin' Around

Greetings from the New Waveland Cafe in the remnants of Waveland, MS.

The Rainbow Emergency Management Assembly (REMA) is happy to announce  that
relief efforts are going splendidly here in Waveland, MS, thanks to  tireless
efforts of all volunteers and excellent cooperation with authorities at  all
levels of government, the Red Cross, and myriad ad hoc relief groups.
Believe it or not, FEMA wants to make us a "pod," whatever that is. We'll
just do what we've been doing:  feed, inspire, listen and FEMA can call us
whatever makes them happy.  BTW, many thanks to FEMA (or whoever did it)  for
providing the wireless Internet service I'm using
right now.  Someone just left us a reefer truck full of food, so I guess
we're  expecting company.

Please note:  while the New Waveland Cafe needs  good, experienced,
responsible volunteers to meet our ever-expanding needs, THIS  IS NOT A RAINBOW
GATHERING--IT IS THE WORST NATURAL DISASTER IN US HISTORY.  The area is under Martial
Law and an 8pm-6am curfew that is strictly  enforced.  You will pass through
as many as three military checkpoints on  your way in.  The area is extremely
toxic having been recently covered by  some of the nastiest water you've ever
imagined.  CHILDREN SHOULD NOT COME  HERE.
Volunteers should expect to work long days in scorching heat with 90%
humidity.  We don't need extra mouths to feed who are not contributing and
disruptive elements will be removed immediately.  We are surrounded by  every kind of
law enforcement officer all day and all night and they are all  about keeping
the peace.  We are working very well with the National Guard,  FEMA, Red
Cross, Florida Highway Patrol and other agencies I don't know  about....and we'd
like to keep it that way.
Reality check aside, the work is very rewarding and it feels good to make a
difference.  Our sincerest thanks go out to all the supporting cast who
cannot make it to Mississippi but made this possible.  We tell the folks  down here
about you every day and they send their heartfelt appreciation your  way.
The New Waveland Cafe is feeding thousands in the coastal community of
Waveland in a kind and loving Family way.
Much Love
Arjay
New Waveland Cafe Blog:  _http://newwavelandcafe.blogspot.com/_
(http://newwavelandcafe.blogspot.com/)
Donations:  _http://tinyurl.com/cqdky_ (http://tinyurl.com/cqdky)

NY Rainbow   P.O.  Box  1554     New York, NY 10009
Lightline: 212-560-7111 _www.nyrainbow.org_
(http://members.nbci.com/nyrainbow)
nyrainbowfamily at aol.com  ~  ny.rainbowfamily at verizon.net
WE  LOVE   YOU!