[Mb-civic] Self righteousness gets in the way

Jef Bek jefbek at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 8 13:18:16 PDT 2005

Regarding Karen's comment:

"I don't see Atheists
and Agnostics United out there helping"

That's because you have your ideological blinders on. I, for one, gave what
I could to The Red Cross (Founded by Deist-Unitarian Clara Barton), the next
day, while George was busy comparing Iraq to WWII in San Diego and playing
guitar.

If you really want to know what Atheists are doing for The Victims of
Katrina you can go to:

http://www.atheists.org/

There you will see the many secular, non-religious aid organizations that
are active in this relief campaign.

At this time when the leadership effort we have is "unacceptable" it's up to
ALL good people to rise to the occasion.

"All we have is each other..."

Peace,

Jef Bek