[Mb-civic] "The End Of The World Show"

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Sep 2 04:34:13 PDT 2005

Re:  "The End Of The World Show"

Robin wrote:

=======
Ya know folks the ultimate realty show is the news and as I have been
watching the news over the past few years I  have been half jokingly calling
it "The End Of The World Show" but now after New Orleans I fear I might be
right. Maybe it's Jesus or one the Gods telling us humanoids that "the party
is over Mardi Gras is dead wake up & smell the coffe". This is just the
beginning of this story it will continue for the rest of our lives, and  the
tragic consequences of what has already taken place & what is yet about to
unfold is mind staggering. Life as we knew it has just changed forever even
more so than 911. This is a war with mother nature & we all know you can't
fight mother nature she is alot more powerful than some peon like Osama.They
are saying now that there are possibly 50,000 people dead maybe more, with
tens of  thousands more now still living in a cess poll of disease that
could spead past Louisiana's borders let alone the lawlassness & the
economic fallout that this is going to asbord. Also I really wonder if Bush
would not have had the helicopters in there a whole lot sooner at least
droping off food & water if people lived in upcale white neighborhoods. I
think they he was probably trying to get the oil pipelines hooked back up
first. And to think the hurricane season is not even half over, can you
imagine if we get hit again. "The God Show" don't mess around.
=======

CheeseComment:

In the midst of whatever it is, let's try to remember that the ultimate
destruction of this world is coming as a result of some of mankind creating
it faster than sometimes even Nature chooses to implement such things, and
it all remains also as a result of those of Mankind who were too afraid to
even stand up for their very existence.

(Try relating that one to Your Children late one night inbetween jack and
the beanstalk and hansel and gretel.)

In speaking to me today of the hurricane etc, someone here stated (as if
I've never heard it before) adamantly that "This is surely The End Of Days".

I remarked to him that every Century there are signs, and signs, and wars,
and rumors of wars, and etc, just like some words have predicted, but The
End did not arrive, and we are still here to tell the tale.

However, again, this is not the first person, here, who has remarked that
this is definitely "The End Of Days", nor is it probably a coincidence that
they are both of the Christian persuasion.

"The Bible" has been looking for "The Apocalypse" for over 2,000 years now.

So have the people reading it.

True, Nature itself might just belch too many times in one year and really
odd mass destruction things flap out of its craw decimating a huge portion
or all of existence on this planet.

The real hand at play, however, remains those of mankind who have planned
poorly, looked out mainly for their best interests, and thrown the
stewardship of Earth's well-being to the side

Even in New Orleans.  Even with the hurricane.

Even in Iraq.

True again, mankind hasn't yet risen to the plateau of being able to
second-guess Nature a majority of the times because it has put the majority
of its resources into military, industrial, political and other agendas.

Ignoring and denying such things as global warming etc but showing up in
helicopters to drop flowers on the dead and get good photo-ops and try to
portray themselves as benevolent people in the process.

I dunno, at this point of the never-ending story of Graft etc on this
planet, as I stand in awe of the devastating things Nature can employ at the
drop of the hat, sometimes it seems that just an innocent looking man with a
cellphone and a calculator often scares the living crap out of me even more.

For I am well aware of their potential to destroy as well.

If I see something like a hurricane on one side and a man with a calculator
and a cellphone, I know it sounds odd, but I am no longer certain of which I
should run to or away from.

100,000 dead civilian men women and children in Iraq.

So much for hurricanes.

So much for Great Leaders.

Neither has mercy any longer, if ever they did.

I mourn those gone in the hurricane, and pity their survivors, but it always
strikes me, right in the face, that something like a half million Americans
die each year from tobacco related causes, nobody blinks an eye, a million
people starve to death etc each year in Africa, nobody in America blinks an
eye.  100,000 civilian men women and children Iraqis get slaughtered by
America, nobody in America blinks an eye.  300,000 die in the tsunami, you
have people in America on talk shows relating "who cares about them
foreigners, I'm not sending them MY money".  50,000 die in a hurricane in
America, finally, "a real disaster".

Something they can understand.  Something they can sink their teeth into.

Something at HOME.

Not only is America not ready for what Nature or bad people at The Top Of
America can do, and do do, to us and the rest of the world, but if the rest
of the world falls off the edge of the solar system, most of Americans will
not blink an eye.

It is apparently indeed "lonely at the top".

Yes, they're calling the damage from this hurricane, in both human and
property etc losses, one of, if not the most devastating thing that has ever
hit the country from Nature.

If it had done the exact same damage and hit in Indonesia or somewhere, most
Americans would not have blinked an eye, even for a second.

The American "perspective" remains so skewered.

Massive death and destruction Abroad is not really something we think about
that very much, even when we read it in the newspapers.

When it hits so close to Home, then, and only then, it then becomes
extremely important for great consideration.

I dunno, I'll stop rambling now, my just about useless heartfelt sympathies
go out to the area and all the victims.

I can just never seem to get over in the eyes of a huge proportion of the
general American population and The Top of America's movers and shakers the
discrepancy of the degrees of Importance of a death in the heartland or a
death a million miles away in some country most Americans never heard of.

We will apparently always be "Us".  And they will always be "Them".

And never the twain shall meet.

Yes, indeed, I am very scared of Nature sometimes.

What men can do makes me shiver though.

Who will destroy us first....?

My money remains on mankind.

"The End Of Days".....?  "The Apocalypse...?"  "The End Of The World
Show...?"

I dunno.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  I really dunno....

I don't think "The Hand Of God" has a dang thing to do with any of that kind
of stuff though.

Those are just words written in books long ago to scare the crap out of
anyone who dared disagree.

By men, not gods.

Trust me, there is a sh*tload of people scared to death all over the planet
at this late date.

And even I am sometimes mildly afraid at what I see happening here there and
yonder.

But I remain not scared of the gods, but of those who continue to
impersonate them.

Again, my sympathies to the many victims of this tragic hurricane.

I *do* fear hurricanes.  I try to get out of their way if I am in their
path.

However, men with cellphones, calculators, advisors, cue cards, and
teleprompters, flying around in helicopters, scare the living shit out of
me.

They make things like the New Orleans devastation a reality before they even
happen.

Not even The Gods would wield such power so wantonly.

Yep, truly, this is some "New Age".

"The End Of The World".....?

Is the massive majority of humans at The Bottom of the food chain really
that afraid to stand up and prevent it all over the globe.......?

Yes.  Yes, they are.

They have things like wives, and children, and careers, and don't want to
get themselves or theirs involved in such dangerous adventures.

They continue to wait for someone to come walking across water to save them
as they cannot choose one from among themselves.

If only they had the surveillance capabilities of those who keep killing
those who would dare lead the temple, things would get a lot better.

Ok, I went off on a tangent again.

Nevermind..........

But then again, if it's the end of the world, who really cares.