[Mb-civic] Conspiracy Theory Number 9 Gazillion

George R. Milman geomilman at milman.com
Sun Oct 30 17:00:33 PST 2005

Is the current conspiracy theory yet another tiresome example of scientific
terminology being used to win over unsuspecting and only minimally
scientifically literate readers?  Anyone who is thinking of buying into what
is being circulated to the readers of this list should read the following
article for an explanation of the heat, free-fall and tipping issues raised
in the conspiracy version, as well as for a discussion of the role that the
angle clips played in the collapse (missing in the conspiracy version).

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, sorely lacking in the
paranoid version.  A faulty argument laced with scientific jargon that
targets our own healthy mistrust of government, no matter how well placed,
must never by allowed to divert us from rigorous, focused and objective
inquiry.  Otherwise, we are truly no better than the Intelligent Design
group.

Come ON, everyone, we have real fish to fry.