[Mb-civic] Plame Scoop of the Day...NY Daily News

Mike Blaxill mblaxill at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 08:08:31 PDT 2005

Bush whacked Rove on CIA leak

BY THOMAS M. DeFRANK
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU CHIEF

WASHINGTON - An angry President Bush rebuked
chief political guru Karl Rove two years ago for
his role in the Valerie Plame affair, sources
told the Daily News.

"He made his displeasure known to Karl," a
presidential counselor told The News. "He made
his life miserable about this."

Bush has nevertheless remained doggedly loyal to
Rove, who friends and even political adversaries
acknowledge is the architect of the President's
rise from baseball owner to leader of the free
world.

link
http://nydailynews.com/front/story/357107p-304312c.html

Josh Marshall comments:

DeFrank's the byline and he's the Daily News DC
Bureau Chief. DeFrank has a unique relationship
to the Bush world, particularly to the older
generation. He cowrote James Baker's diplomatic
autobiography The Politics of Diplomacy, for
instance. Back in the summer of 2001, The Weekly
Standard suggested he'd actually been in the
running to be chief Pentagon spokesman, before
the job went to Tori Clarke.

I'm not including this background information to
suggest that DeFrank is in the tank for the Bush
crowd. Indeed, I have the sense that the
relationship has become more strained or perhaps
attenuated over the last few years. I add these
details because the nature of DeFrank's access is
unique in Washington. And this article carries
more weight than it would with another byline. --
Josh Marshall

link
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/006782.php