[Mb-civic] Re: weed - it's good for the brain!

Sean Courtney dauber at banana-and-louie.org
Fri Oct 14 20:40:59 PDT 2005

On 10/15/2005, Robin McNamara wrote:

> There are many things that marijuana is good for both physical &
> mental. Our  government refuses to study it properly & spreads garbage
> propaganda of how  bad it is for you. Carl Sagen, said that marijuana
> gave him intellectual  insight.

I don't blame the government, and I'll tell ya why: ours is by far not the
only government to outlaw it. Very few countries allow it.

My overall thoughts:

1) Whether it be pot, tobacco, or hickory, putting ANY smoke in your lungs
ain't safe -- that's why the fire department tells you to get as close to
the ground as you can, so you don't breathe it in! And that's why your lungs
force it out.

2) The stuff stinks...literally! Either that or the stuff I got a whiff of
at the McCartney concerts (and the one Brian Wilson show I went to where
someone lit up a blunt -- I'm sorry, but 1) you shouldn't light up when
you're ten feet away from a recovering drug addict, and 2) of all the songs
in the Brian Wilson/Beach Boys catalog to turn on to, "Sloop John B" is NOT
a good one to do that to!!!!) I've been to was rancid....seriously, that
stuff smelled like....well, sadly, what my feet smell like right now.

3) However, I wouldn't step in the way of legalizing it. In fact...here in
NJ there's this guy known as "NJ Weed Man" who's been arrested several times
for possessing the stuff. He's RUNNING FOR GOVERNOR!!! and promises to
legalize the ganja here in the state. I'm seriously
thinking of voting for the dude -- he's much more qualified than the two
bozos in the democratic and republican parties who are running. I'm not
bashing republicans and democrats or anything, but the candidates for NJ
governor just don't give me a good feeling.

4) It really would be in the government's best interest to legalize it, what
with the taxes they could put on it, medicinal qualities, etc.

5) Uhhh...nothing else, really...I just wanted a fifth point. :)

dauber at banana-and-louie.org
 * ICQ: 28677921 * YIM: dau_ber * AIM: ddaauubbeerr
blog: http://scattered-frog.blogspot.com