[Mb-civic] A Theologian Speaks Out on 9/11- 10/15 & 16h in NYC

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Wed Oct 5 14:14:46 PDT 2005

All:

This is an event which I am helping to promote.  The details are in the press release below.

Peace.

----------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

October 5, 2005

Contact:
Les Jamieson - 718/492-2192, 917-658-0132
Jenn Tierney - 718/623-8184

You're cordially invited to attend a special presentation titled:

THE DESTRUCTION OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTER: A THEOLOGIAN SPEAKS OUT

Saturday, Oct. 15th
1 PM, doors open 12:30
Anthology Film Archives
32 Second Avenue, corner of 3rd Street
New York City
Suggested Donation: $5

AND

Sunday, Oct. 16th
2 PM, doors open 1:30
Synod Hall, at St. John the Divine Cathedral
110th St. & Amsterdam Avenue
New York City
Suggested Donation: $7

Sponsored by NY 911 Truth, WBAI, & the Muslim-Christian-Jewish Alliance

Is it possible that the official story of what happened on 9/11 is an implausible theory unsubstantiated by the facts? Since the government's theory has been proven flawed and their investigation is widely recognized as being fraudulent, shouldn't we objectively analyze and question it?

Christian theologian and author David Ray Griffin will present compelling evidence that challenges much of what we have been told about the horrific attacks of that day. Dr. Griffin will include new research especially for the New York audience based on recently released oral histories of firefighters and medical workers at the World Trade Center as well as video footage which clearly supports this research.

Dr. Griffin is the author of "The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11" and "The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions & Distortions".  He serves as Professor of Religion and Theology at the Claremont School of Theology where he taught for over 30 years, retiring in 2004.  He has authored or edited over two dozen books including "Deep Religious Pluralism" and "Two Great Truths: A New Synthesis of Scientific Naturalism and Christian Faith.

Dr. Griffin's presentation comes in the wake of the forced resignation of NY Fire Department Chaplain Intikab Habib for questioning the official story of 9/11. Ironically, Imam Habib's statement was mild compared to that of the Bush Administration's own former top economist in the Department of Labor, Morgan Reynolds, who has all but accused his former employers in the Bush Administration of blowing up the World Trade Center and murdering almost 3000 Americans in what, if true, would be the worst act of treason in US history. Dr. Reynolds' statement may be read at:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/reynolds/reynolds12.html

Many in New York and across the world are coming to the defense of Imam Habib, who was forced out for voicing an opinion held by half the citizens of New York City (Zogby 8/2004), two-thirds of Canadians (Toronto Star, May 2004), and roughly 90% of Arabs and Muslims (10/03: 89% of al-Jazeera viewers say the US government, not "al-Qaeda" staged the 9/11 attacks).

This event will bring a new level of clarity to the reality behind 9/11 as well as urgency for Americans to call for justice and accountability from their government.

We cordially invite you to attend one of these historic events addressing a topic that is so important to the people of New York City and beyond.

See NY911Truth.org or call 212-714-7147 for background on our organization.