[Mb-civic] Bono is a hypocrite

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 25 17:56:38 PST 2005

Bono is such a hypocrite

He said he is crushed by Canada's PM for not giving more!!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051125/bono_ottawapovertyhistory_20051125/20051125?hub=TopStories

Canada is U2's bread basket. They broke in Canada, before any where else in the world.

Their management has been Canadian. Michael Chol, who is also presently managing Rolling Stones (14 years)

U2 is an off shore company, Bermuda, so that they do not have to pay corporate taxes (I know this)

U2 are Irish artists, therefore personally non-taxable in Ireland.

U2 manages Irish bands and charges 80% of net for services provided. (public knowledge, U2 are not popular in Ireland)

How much does Bono personally give to his causes ??

I would really like to see an audit of Bono's activity, if anyone skirts the international tax laws U2 does.

They make their fortune off of 10-16 year old kids, tweens and teens, yet Bono wants to be an activist with 3rd world debt.

U2 charges an average of $100 ++ per ticket per show

As a non-tax paying person where does he have the right?

He should publicly release his personal financials before he starts demanding responsible Nations to increase payments to 3rd world debt over National responsibilities.

I am not disagreeing with the issue of 3rd world debt, I'm disagreeing with Bono's political interference in Canadian politics.
If Bono was a stakeholder in Canada, a tax payer, then i would welcome his position and see his personal financial contribution as an example for others to  follow. But he is an off shore puppy who does not pay any taxes and yet wants the world's real tax payers to pay off 3rd world debt.

Bono go home, where ever your tax haven is these days.

Later H