[Mb-civic] interesting overview of the history leading to todays 'crisis'

IHHS at aol.com IHHS at aol.com
Sun Nov 20 08:35:25 PST 2005

Bird Flu  or Cash Cow? - The Pandemic Some Want to Have

WHO’s Behind  Designer Germs?
by Eve Hillary ~ © 2005

Released November  15, 2005 ~ Sydney  Australia

I’d finally lost my taste for TV. Its gaudy ads. Its  manufactured news, mind
numbing sitcoms and titty-tainment.  I’d successfully avoided TV for the
entire year, until one night my finger strayed onto the button and flicked
around the channels. Graphic footage of dead birds and masked “health” workers
spraying people with chemicals triggered a bad case of deja` vu.
I recalled the time I’d flown  to South  America to give a presentation at an
 international Human Rights conference.  A few months previously, on March
4th  2003 the first person had been  diagnosed with SARS, a brand new disease.
It was Professor Liu Jianlun, a microbiologist working in a laboratory
involved in secret, government-sponsored work in China's Guangdong province. (1)
Incredibly, he had also been “researching” the H5N1 virus, now known as  the “
Bird Flu”.   This was closely followed by two other  deaths; a Singaporean
researcher working in a laboratory of the Singapore  Environmental Health
Institute and a post doctoral student working on West  Nile virus. Singaporean Health
Minister Mr. Balaji Sadasivan, stated that the researcher's exposure to the
SARS  virus "is most likely linked to that laboratory ... where the SARS virus
is  [also] cultured," (2)  It made me  wonder just how many bio-hazard labs
were in operation and what other new germs  they were engineering.
I’d barely made my flight.  My husband and I had been very busy in our
Integrative (wholistic) medical  clinic which offered patients a variety of orthodox
as well as complementary and  reliable alternative medical treatments. People
traveled long distances to get  treatment for cancer and other serious
diseases. For most it was the first time  they had been able to make lifestyle
changes and receive physical, emotional and  spiritual healing. They literally got
a new lease of life. They felt better and  looked better.
Lately, since the media had  whipped up fear of a world wide epidemic, dozens
of patients visited the clinic  because they were worried about SARS. The
health department had issued a SARS  bulletin to all doctors, which listed only 3
criteria for making the diagnosis  of SARS; cough, fever and a recent trip
overseas. That could include almost  anyone, and I immediately became
suspicious. It troubled me that authorities did  not list a specific disease profile for
a brand new illness that seemed to one  minute reside exclusively inside
biohazard laboratories and the next minute  allegedly spread into human
populations. I’d also noticed drug company shares  rise from the sale of drugs for
respiratory illness.  In our practice we found very few drugs  were in fact
necessary for healing and disease prevention. Our patients who had  taken regular
doses of vitamins, minerals, omega oils, antioxidants and other  natural
supplements had rarely come down with colds, flu, and other  infections.  I hadn’t had
a cold or  flu for over ten years since I had started taking regular
supplements. After  much illness and many attempts at personal healing, I finally
realised the fact  that the only thing that would keep me healthy was a functional
immune system.
The day I boarded the  aircraft two passengers were plucked from Sydney
airport and quarantined in a Sydney Hospital.  Media  reports showed masked Asian
airport personnel prowling around terminals with  fever detector gadgets,
hauling hot and bothered travelers off into quarantine  areas. Having finally made
it on board I had a chance to think again about the  emergence of diseases for
profit, an issue which I had just published in my  second book “Health
Betrayal”.   I thought about AIDS - a previously  unheard of disease entity which
emerged in the early 1980’s. A few years earlier  Merck pharmaceutical company
had developed an experimental hepatitis vaccine  which was given to gay men and
Africans. By 1980 the AIDS epidemic started in  those populations which had
received the experimental vaccine. (3)  Since then the WHO (World Health
Organization) with its close ties to pharmaceutical companies, has strictly
mandated billions of doses of various types of vaccines to Africans and other  third
world residents where AIDS has spread like wild fire. Governments have
vaccinated unwilling populations at gunpoint. One African activist, Kihura Nkuba
writes; “The enthusiasm of government to give  vaccines to a people that it
normally gives nothing [to] was seen as very  suspicious. The forcing of them to
take a vaccine against a disease they know to  be harmless and which they know
how to cure in its harmful state was seen as  government hell bent on killing
its own population for the benefit of … white  world. All village people know
that once you have recovered from measles you  will never catch it again, but
here they were telling people to vaccinate even  those who have recovered from
measles.  In other villages police armed to the teeth moved from house to
house  searching for children to immunize.  In 2002 Nkuba writes after a
vaccination  campaign; “…there was one mother who had four children, and she hid  one
and took three other children for vaccination, and three children died and
that one survived.”
It is noteworthy  that of over 45 million people afflicted with HIV/AIDS
worldwide, 39 million of  them are in third world countries.  In 2003 the average
AIDS patient, who  could afford it, paid US $15,000 per year for AIDS drugs
which have not been  shown to be effective in the treatment of the disease. (4)

In late 2001 someone mailed anthrax bacillus to several  key individuals and
news organizations in the US. Two people subsequently died of anthrax.  The
strain was identified as originating  from Fort Detrick - a military bio-weapons
facility.  The anthrax had been weaponised, its  potency increased for use in
biological warfare. There are few facilities known  in the world to have that
capacity. They include US military laboratories and a  government contractor.
(5)  While  the mainstream media whipped up anti Muslim sentiment, drug
company cash  registers started ringing.  Almost  immediately, sales for Cipro, an
antibiotic made by Bayer hit the roof as 30,000  Americans started taking the
drug, just in case. Terrified Americans thought  nothing of paying US $700 for
a two month supply of Cipro despite its  potentially serious side effects.
Other generic versions of the drug were  available but not widely publicized.
The anthrax scare resulted in lucrative  new drug company contracts to
manufacture both anthrax and smallpox vaccinations  for the military and general
population. It also gave rise to the Model State  Emergency Health Powers Act,
giving the government wide powers to quarantine,  drug and inject vaccinations
into persons at gunpoint in the event of a “public  health emergency” being
declared.   Many US states passed this Bill after September 11, which  included an
exemption to drug companies and vaccine makers for any vaccine  deaths or
injuries that would occur.  (16)  Public advocacy groups have already  started
work on having the Bill repealed, on the grounds that it is  unconstitutional.
On the long flight I had a chance to think about the West  Nile virus (WNV)
which first  broke out in a poor, predominately black section of New York  City
in August 1999,  when it had never been known to exist in the US.  The virus
had only ever been known in East  Africa where it resulted in a  mild disease
that did not affect other animal and bird populations to any  significant
degree.  However, the  new NY strain of the WNV is able to jump the species
barrier. Since the year  2000 over 10,000 wild birds have died, countless horses,
primates and the human  death toll exceeds 146 Americans. Only the most
vulnerable people die however.  As many as 200,000 people are  infected and are
clinically well, posing a good argument for keeping the immune  system functioning
well.   The  new strain has spread over most eastern US states.  While health
officials claim the WNV  virus jumped into the U.S. from Africa,  the new
virulent NY strain had been cultured and engineered in Biohazard  facilities for
years and sold to labs around the world.
Meanwhile, pharmaceutical companies including OraVax  have made millions in
WNV vaccine research and products. Thomas Monath, Vice  President of Research
and Medical Affairs at OraVax, is one of the world's  leading arbovirologists.
He became  an advisor to NY Mayor Giuliani when the WNV problem first emerged
in the city.  Monath had previously developed  genetically engineered
vaccines against WNV type organisms in his capacity as  the Chief of the Virology
Division, U.S. Army at Fort  Detrick, Maryland.   Since the 1950s the U.S.
military began developing bio-warfare weapons at Fort Detrick by cooking up germs
from exotic animal diseases  intended to cripple the Soviet or other enemy
economies by killing horses,  cattle, birds and swine with crippling new epidemics.
By the 1970s new advances in genetic  engineering allowed the creation of new
designer viruses that jump species  barriers and even cause cancer.  Since
then many analysts have claimed  these germs have been used for population
control as well as commercial purposes  with the assistance of high level US
government agencies.
In fact plagues of animal diseases had badly affected  the UK which had
slaughtered almost 4 million animals after an  outbreak of foot and mouth disease
(FMD). Wikipedia defines the disease as a  highly contagious but Non Fatal
viral disease, meaning it is similar to the common cold in humans. If left  to
their own devices animals recover from the disease with permanent immunity to
it.  However laboratories licensed  to manipulate or engineer the FMD virus can
create forms that differ from the  wild virus strain. The UK animals were
infected with type O pan Asia strain, which is not normally found in the UK. Foot
and mouth virus “research” was carried out by  Merial Animal Health.  This
facility, owned by Merck and Aventis, is also a vaccine production laboratory
located near Pirbright, Surrey,  not far from Britain’s own government
Institute for Animal Health. According  to the Sunday Express, a routine audit into
the government’s bio-warfare  research laboratory Porton Down revealed that a
container of foot and mouth  virus went missing two months before the outbreak
in early 2001.  (7)  While it is still unknown who was  responsible for the
outbreak, there were certainly many who profited from it.  Merck’s Merial is the
leading supplier of foot and mouth disease vaccine. (8)  After the UK beef
market collapsed overnight, Tyson Foods, the US based largest meat and  poultry
producer and packer in the world expanded its international market into  the
UK.  The  outbreak proved to be catastrophic to UK agriculture and rural
families but a lucrative cash cow  to multinational slaughter houses, food
processors and pharmaceutical companies.
My flight arrived at midnight  in Panama  City, where I  disembarked and
waited for another flight to Columbia.  I was  tired and wanted nothing more than
to get on board and catch a few hours sleep,  but I was about to learn a
lesson  about the political benefits of unleashing fear.  Unbeknownst to me, a
flight from Tokyo  had arrived at San Jose International airport on red alert
after the cabin crew  informed US ground officials of five people aboard suspected
of having SARS. The  reason for the alert, as it later turned out, was that
the passengers had simply  coughed. Official fear mongering included few actual
facts about SARS, an  atypical pneumonia virus, which had only ever lived in
a bio-lab before it  appeared in several Asian countries simultaneously.   Of
the alleged 2960 cases of SARS  worldwide, 119 people died, a death rate of 4%
from the virus.  In comparison, 3-5 million people are  affected by seasonal
influenza virus, having identical symptoms, resulting in  between 250 000 and
500 000 deaths every year around the world, mainly affecting  high risk groups
such as the elderly, poorly mourished or chronically ill.  (10)
Dr. Loraine Day MD, a  distinguished US physician states; “The supposed
disorder of "SARS": A.. CANNOT be distinguished, by its  symptoms, from virtually
ANY other mild or severe respiratory disorder!  And  B. CANNOT be distinguished
by any  specific microorganism!  If I, a highly trained physician, CANNOT
distinguish SARS from ANY OTHER type of routine pneumonia based on ANY of the
government's published information, how are lay people going to do it? “. (12)
The atmosphere seemed  unusually tense around the Panama terminal during the
early hours of the  morning.
I drank from my bottle of  water, and cleared my throat after the dry air on
the plane had irritated  it.  This caught the eye of several  uniformed health
department personnel scanning the crowd in the transit lounge.  I looked away
as I felt two sets of dark eyes scanning me suspiciously.  When a passing
crowd of travelers  obscured the officials’ view of me I hastily moved away to
another lounge.  Why?  Because, new public health legislation  around the world
modeled on the US Model State Emergency Health Powers Act means  to allow
force in detaining and quarantining anyone, using the latest disease as a reason,
whether it actually exists or not.  That means fasten your seatbelts
travelers, because now flight attendants, cleaners, teachers, general informants  and
bureaucrats will be practicing medicine without a license.  Personally, I’d
rather take my chances  with a real doctor than an airport employee.

Bird Flu –  Pandemic of  Greed
Since my trip I wondered why the  first SARS deaths involved Asian scientists
working in a biohazard lab with west  Nile virus and bird flu. The bird flu
has made its rounds yearly, severely  affecting Asian countries where 117
people have allegedly been infected and 60  have allegedly died since 1997. Most
deaths occurred in Vietnam, where scientific facilities are barely adequate to
make a definitive diagnosis.
Prior to 1997, the wild  bird flu was a rare and relatively mild virus
affecting only birds.  The first case of bird flu affecting a  human appeared in
Asia in  1997. Apparently the wild virus had mysteriously changed to H5N1 strain,
a  variety that could very rarely affect humans when ingesting infected meat
or in  very close contact with birds. The “high path” H5N1 strain appeared
suddenly and  has been known to be located in many bio-hazard labs around the
world.  When the Associated Press reported the  death of a 60-year-old woman
allegedly of bird flu, the U.S. Government halted  "all chicken imports from
China in a move to curb the spread of the virus."  Shortly after, the first wave
of  slaughter began with 1.2 million Asian chickens. By 2003, 40 million birds
had  been slaughtered and Tyson foods, the Arkansas based largest meat
producer and packer in the world  has been making steady inroads into the  previously
closed Asian poultry market, filling the gap in production.  The “high path”
H5N1 strain hit the  Asian countries hardest, such as Thailand, Japan,
Vietnam and China who rely on poultry products for export and pose a real
competition to giant US based meant processing corporations. These countries  have had
strong independent markets catering to domestic poultry needs,  traditionally
impenetrable to western imports.   Meanwhile the US reported a “low path”
H5N2 outbreak of bird flu in Texas in 2004, which has not disrupted US exports.
Tyson Foods chief administrative  officer, Greg Lee, is reported by Reuters
to have said: "We are seeing and do  expect to see some positive benefit as a
result of disruptions in some of the  Asian production," (11)    Meanwhile,
since May 2005, new  outbreaks of high path H5N1 bird flu strain has cut a swathe
across poultry in  Russia, Greece, Holland, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Romania,
Mongolia and Croatia,  where massive poultry exterminations have begun. The
poultry infection near the  eastern block has caused widespread suspicion. A member
of the Liberal  Democratic faction of the Russian State Duma, Aleksei
Mitrofanov, has said in a  parliamentary speech that bird flu was invented by
Americans who wanted to  dominate the world’s poultry markets.  (13)
Dr. Len Horowitz, US  independent public health expert writes; ‘According to
USA Today (October 9, 2005),  “European health officials are working to
contain the [avian flu] virus, which  so far has not infected anyone in the region.”
Although, allegedly “more than  140 million birds have died or been
destroyed, . . . and financial losses to the  poultry sector have topped $10 billion.”
This propaganda actually admits, “the  current virus, known as H5N1, has not
yet mutated to the point at which it can  easily spread from person to person.”
In fact, it is likely to have never spread  from person to person other than
during laboratory handling!’  He further states: “In not a single case has
human-to-human  communicability been confirmed. So long as that remains the
case, there is no  bird flu threat to the human population of places such as
Vietnam, much less  the United  States.”
DR. Nancy Cox, Chief,  Influenza Branch, CDC (Centers for Disease Control)
has said during a February  2004 news conference, “ …As you've  already heard,
avian influenza viruses usually do not infect humans.“   Meanwhile, the
prestigious British Medical Journal editorial October  2005 Quotes; “The lack of
sustained human-to-human  transmission suggests that this H5N1 avian virus does
not currently  have the capacity to cause a human pandemic”.   Despite the
scientific evidence to  the contrary, US and global health officials insist on
calling the bird  flu a human pandemic. A UN spokesman David Nabarro said in late
2005; “5 million to 150 million people "could" be  killed "if" the virus
mutated and jumped to humans. “  While Health and Human Services  Secretary Mike
Leavitt, said in the US Senate; ‘If it isn’t the current H5N1 virus that
leads to an influenza pandemic, at some point in our nation’s future, another
virus will.”
Meanwhile panic is being  spread globally. An October 31, 2005 article in the
Australian Age newspaper states;  “DISASTER experts from the Asia-Pacific
region will meet in Brisbane today to  discuss how to cope with a global
outbreak of deadly bird flu, amid warnings  that international travel would be
virtually wiped out in a pandemic.”  While the Canberra Times reported:  “Health
Minister Tony Abbott yesterday said  overseas travel would almost cease for a
"significant period" if avian flu broke  out in the region. “ (18) Australia,
regarded by some as the Asia Pacific regional  policeman for implementing global
policies, has not had a case of bird flu to  date.
Without a sign of a human  epidemic, on October 28, 2005 the US Senate passed
an $8 billion emergency bill to  fund research, drugs and vaccines, based on
no scientific evidence that bird flu  constitutes a significant human threat
and overwhelming evidence to the  contrary. The administration is seeking an
additional $6 billion to $10 billion  from US taxpayers, according to a current
Business Week report.  "President Bush this week asked the leaders  of the
world's top vaccine manufacturers - Chiron, Sanofi-Aventis, Wyeth,
GlaxoSmithKline and Merck - to come to the White House on Friday to discuss  preparations
for pandemic flu," reports the New York Times in October.    Meanwhile taxpayer
billions will  also flow into the coffers of selected pharmaceutical giants
such as Roche,  which holds the sole license to manufacture Tamiflu, an anti
viral drug that is  meant only for reducing the symptoms of the seasonal
influenza and has never  been tested for use for the bird flu.  Thousands of
Americans are lining up for  their dose when there has not been a single case of
H5N1bird flu in the US. Without a single human case of  H5N1, Tamiflu is in such
demand that a  new US factory is being planned to ensure there is more of the
drug available by the 2006 flu season.
Meanwhile President Bush is  discussing the use of the military to enforce
quarantine of suspected bird flu  carriers. The US plans to install a new
quarantine station at Logan International Airport to diagnose travelers.
Preliminary discussions include plans to  impose 10 year jail terms on people who breach
orders to stay at home, in  hospital or within their city during an influenza
outbreak.  This has resulted in heavy opposition  among independent thinkers.
  The Boston Globe quotes on October 8, 2005, “On Tuesday, the president
suggested that the  United States should confront the risk of a bird flu pandemic
by giving him the  power to use the US military to quarantine ''part[s] of the
country"  experiencing an ''outbreak." So we have moved quickly in the past
month, at  least metaphorically, from the global war on terror to a proposed
war on  hurricanes, to a proposed war on the bird flu.” (14)
Quotes an editorial on  Freemarketnews.com:  “President Bush's recent remarks
about  mandating vaccinations for avian flu is further evidence of the
militarization  of public health care and would also seem to reflect a dangerous
misunderstanding about disease and palliative methodologies.”    Many qualified
doctors would agree,  including Dr. Lorraine Day MD who  states; “It is
virtually IMPOSSIBLE to  get sick if your immune system is functioning  properly”.

SOLUTIONS – Are Already  Here
A Culture Change is  spreading around the world, albeit largely unreported by
mainstream media.  However, more people now source their news, and health
information from the  internet and alternative new publications than from the
mainstream media which  is funded by corporate advertisers and reflects corporate
rather public  interest. Fresh knowledge and truth is blowing a wind of
change through every  country, profession, corporation and corridor of power on the
planet. The truth  in fact is astonishingly powerful.  It empowers people to
act, to challenge  wrongs, to make informed choices, to create authentic
lives, to have better  options, to resist deception, to have; more power,
confidence, better  communication, more faith, hope, and love.  In contrast to creating
wars, the truth makes for better families, better  communities and more
freedom.
For example, it is  increasingly known that main stream medicine is becoming
the leading cause of  death because it is dominated by improper drug company
and bio-tech influences.  Health professionals and ethical  scientists are now
reporting truth in medicine and science from independent  websites and
alternative news publications, and millions are clicking on to get  important health
and scientific information. Lawyers are now tracking legal and  Constitutional
abuses. Activists and independent consumer advocates are now  reaching
millions of people, spawning a host of information and support  organizations,
ethical companies and investment opportunities.   Scores of former main stream
journalists  are becoming independent, reporting news on alternative news sites,
with some  creating their own popular identities as ethical broadcasters,
investigative  writers and filmmakers.  This  alternative media is attracting
millions of readers each day who have abandoned  mainstream media sources. This has
caused a massive resurgence of grass roots  health care, activism,
literature, democracy, family values, morality and  spirituality, which is threatening
to rattle the cages of those in power.
“Things  have changed.” Writes Ignacio Ramonet  in La Monde. “…even the “
masters of the  world” are not free of trouble... the G8 leaders were besieged
and publicly  upstaged by upwards of 200,000 demonstrators…people are not
impressed.  Democratic election does not justify presidents when they betray their
electoral  promises and the public interest, or embark on wholesale
privatization … Nor  does it entitle them to move heaven and earth to service the
demands of the  companies that financed their electoral campaigns.”

Some Independent  Sources

1. Seek a balance of  information from independent media sources.
_http://www.michaelmoore.com/_ (http://www.michaelmoore.com/)  ,
_http://www.fintandunne.com/_ (http://www.fintandunne.com/)  ,
_http://www.indymedia.org/en/index.shtml_ (http://www.indymedia.org/en/index.shtml) ,
_http://www.independent-media.tv/index.cfm_
(http://www.independent-media.tv/index.cfm)   and many  other alternative media sources.
2. Public health  information and health freedom sites; try
_www.mercola.com_ (http://www.mercola.com/)  ,  or  _http://www.drday.com/_
(http://www.drday.com/)    or
_http://www.mercola.com/2005/oct/25/avian_flu_epidemic_is_a_hoax.htm_ (http://www.mercola.com/2005/oct/25/avian_flu_epidemic_is_a_hoax.htm)  or
_www.evehillary.org_ (http://www.evehillary.org/)  or
_http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/v-kaiser.htm_
(http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/v-kaiser.htm) , _http://www.credence.org/_ (http://www.credence.org/)   or many  others
include information on how to stay healthy naturally,  despite increased
manufactured illness  and official misinformation.
3. Before consenting to any  vaccine, check the information from National
Vaccine information Centre _http://www.nvic.org/_ (http://www.nvic.org/)   or
_http://www.avn.org.au/_ (http://www.avn.org.au/)   or
_www.tetrahedron.org/articles/vaccine_awareness.html_
(http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/vaccine_awareness.html)
4. Information on vaccine  exemptions; _http://thinktwice.com/_
(http://thinktwice.com/)     Also everyone has the right to make  contracts or agreements
with others.  You may hold your health care provider legally accountable in any
 jurisdiction for any administered vaccination or invasive medication or
treatment by requiring them to sign a private agreement to accept full legal
liability for any damages that may occur as a result of the
vaccination/medication/treatment.  See _http://www.vaclib.org/legal/accept1.htm_
(http://www.vaclib.org/legal/accept1.htm)  or _www.vaclib.org/exempt/australia.htm_
(http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/australia.htm)   for a  sample agreement. Vaccine
exemptions are also possible in Africa.  Or enroll your child into the newly forming
vaccine free preschools.
5. Support The Institute of Science in Society who want Independent science
supported “ to  establish broad funding criteria that put public interest ahead
of 'wealth  creation', and to include ethical and safety considerations
before the research  is funded.”  _http://www.i-sis.org.uk/ISPF7.php_
(http://www.i-sis.org.uk/ISPF7.php)  .  Sign up for their excellent newsletter.
6. Judiciary watchdog; _http://www.judgewatch.org/top/search.htm_
(http://www.judgewatch.org/top/search.htm)