[Mb-civic] BUSH RARELY SPEAKS TO FATHER, 'FAMILY IS SPLIT':

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 15 18:22:25 PST 2005

Horsehockey!  This is a blatant attempt by W to pretend to place distance
between himself and his father, who continues to serve as a senior advisor
to The Carlyle Group, and TGC is very active right now re defense contracts
and other government - and particularly military - related business.  My
guess is that with all the attention now focused on W's recent gaffes re
Libby/Rove/Cheney, Meiers, crony appointments, and especially the Iraq war -
including the continuing stories (even in the mainstream media) about
Halliburton's no-bid contracts and rip-offs of the U.S. government - W (and
his advisors) are concerned about attention being focused on TGC right now,
and what that might lead to.

Peace.