[Mb-civic] Prisoner sues God

Jef Bek jefbek at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 14 00:21:18 PST 2005

I¹m praying that ³Pavel M² wins!

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1576068.html

Ananova:

Prisoner sues God

A Romanian prisoner is suing God for failing to save him from the Devil.

The inmate, named as Pavel M in media reports, accused God of "cheating,
abuse and traffic of influence".

His complaint reads: "I, the undersigned Pavel M, currently jailed at
Timisoara Penitentiary serving a 20 years sentence for murder, request legal
action against God, resident in Heaven, and represented here by the Romanian
Orthodox Church, for committing the following crimes: cheating, concealment,
abuse against people's interest, taking bribe and traffic of influence."

The inmate argued that his baptism was a contract between him and God who
was supposed to keep the Devil away and keep him out of trouble.

He added: "God even claimed and received from me various goods and prayers
in exchange for forgiveness and the promise that I would be rid of problems
and have a better life.

"But on the contrary I was left in Devil's hands."

The complaint was sent to the Timisoara Court of Justice and forwarded to
the prosecutor's office.

But prosecutors said it would probably be dropped and they were unable to
subpoena God to court.