[Mb-civic] DU new film

IHHS at aol.com IHHS at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 08:39:12 PST 2005

New Oz Film -
Depleted Uranium
Is  Genocide
Blowin' In The Wind
By Lynn Stanfield
Australia
11-2-5
I have just had the distinct privilege of viewing the  Australian short film
documentary titled Blowin in the Wind,.
Blowing in the Wind has been nominated for Academy  Award; it premiered at a
Newtown (Sydney) cinema, on Thursday, where it  will run for one week, then
moves to other major city centres (see  <www.bsharp.net.au ).
The cleverly produced documentary is a wake-up call to  Australians, exposing
the dreadful, horrible, inhuman use of the  material known as Depleted
Uranium, (DU), as a projectile warhead, on  all manner of arsenal and weaponry,
being used to annihilate nations  around the world.
DU is the weapons material of choice for all of the  guided missiles and
Bunker-Buster, bombs being rained onto the  Afghanistan and Iraqi citizens in the
senseless, unlawful invasion of  these Middle-East countries. Tank shells,
heavy calibre machine guns,  ship-to-shore rockets and heavy guns, have poured
thousands of tons of  the miserable compound into the cities and countryside of
affected  battlegrounds, producing a wasteland of radioactively contaminated
earth, water and air,
DU has a half-life, which is rated in millions of  years.
So, not only the poor sods who are murdered by the  blast or are left
dismembered and crippled for the rest of their lives,  suffering the effects of the
blasted DU, those who survive are also  effected. The contamination lingers in
their food, drinking water and  the air they breath, causing grotesque
deformities and diseases,  especially in new-born children.
Blowin in the Wind, was produced by New South Wales,  North coast film
producers, David Bradbury and Peter Scott, who,  together with a team of very
talented technicians, have put together a  most powerful expose, on the manufacture
and widespread use of Depleted  Uranium weapons, with special emphasis on U.S.
and Australian Defence  Forces use of the miserable material.
The film draws attention to the lack of awareness  amongst Australian
residents, regarding the amount of exposure we have  in this country, to the effects
of DU. Already, cases of horribly  deformed new-born babies are occurring in
Australia, due to the huge  amounts of DU weaponry being dumped onto our
countryside in some of the  most absurdly stupid and careless acts anyone could
possibly imagine. If  you want to know more about this dumping of DU into
Australia and other  serious challenges to you and your family for the future, might I
 suggest you make it your business to get to see Blowing in the  Wind.
Some of the more amazing facts which are exposed in  the film, concern the
huge amount of cover-up by deliberate lying and  either no announcements or
outright denials about Australia,s complicit  involvement in furnishing the supply
of DU into the World,s atmosphere,  soil and water. You will be stunned when
you learn the number of large  American Military Bases which exist on this
island and more are planned  through the Memorandums of Understanding, which are
held by our leaders  with the United States of America. You will be staggered.

I give this film five stars. I recommend it to all  Australians, especially
young Australians and Australians with young  families. The film is considered
to be suitable for 15 plus, however,  outside the ugliness in the scenes of
maiming and disfigurement, there  is nothing which is beyond the comprehension
of early teen-agers and I  would thoroughly recommend the whole family view
what is after all, real  life, real time, everybody should know, type drama. I
bet there will be  some serious family discussion after you see Blowin in the
Wind.