[Mb-civic] Pastor Electrocuted During Baptism

Alexander Harper harperalexander at mail.com
Tue Nov 1 08:48:49 PST 2005

God moves in a mysterious way...

One can only be relieved that this sort of problem could not have occurred while John the Baptist was trying to make himself heard. Imagine all the dead fish, Samaritans, publicans and, barring a miracle, the Baptist himself, floating down the River Jordan, belly up.

Clearly one feels the deepest sympathy for the Rev. Kyle's surviving dependents being so abruptly - if you will, shockingly - deprived of their parent, provider and helpmeet but at least one can comfort oneself with the thought that at the moment he was called To Higher Service the Rev. Kyle's soul must have been in pretty good shape, something which one might not necessarily have been able to say , for instance, of a former Cardinal Archbishop of Paris, who expired happily (and possibly slightly drier) in the arms of his mistress.

Al B