[Mb-civic] Re: A Last-Minute Deal on Judicial Nominees

ean at sbcglobal.net ean at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 24 16:06:15 PDT 2005

Can someone explain to me how this "compromise" benefits the
Democrats---allowing at least 3 extreme radical-right judges onto the
Appeals court in exchange for saving the right to filibuster by promising
not to use the filibuster except for under "extreme circumstances"
which will be defined by who??  (and if these nominees aren't extreme
circumstances what is??)