[Mb-civic] $817,403.76 so far for Byrd--absolutely amazing.

Eli Pariser, MoveOn PAC moveon-help at list.moveon.org
Thu Mar 31 12:40:36 PST 2005

Dear Michael,

If you had asked me, a few days ago, to guess how much MoveOn members
would give to support Senator Robert Byrd, I would have told you that we'd
be lucky to reach a couple of hundred thousand dollars. After all, it's
early in the cycle, folks are busy, and you've been so generous recently
on our Social Security and judicial campaigns.

But as I write this email, only about two days after our email went out,
19,214 of us have given $817,403.76 to support Senator Byrd. It's a
whopping amount in electoral politics--more than MoveOn members have given
in support of any other Senator--and at this early stage, it'll make a
tremendous impact. This could be a knock-out blow for Republicans who are
considering running against the Senator.

What you've done over the last few days won't just be felt by Senator
Byrd--although I can tell you that the folks at the Byrd campaign are
totally blown away by your generosity. By making our contributions
together, we're showing all of our Democratic elected representatives that
if they stick their necks out for the issues people believe in, we'll have
their backs.

I know that money's tight. Thanks so much for making this investment in an
important leader and in a Democratic Senate. And thanks for everything
you've done to make MoveOn PAC a great success.

Sincerely,

--Eli Pariser
  Executive Director, MoveOn PAC
  March 31st, 2005

PAID FOR BY MOVEON PAC
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.