[Mb-civic] Fw: Look at that! Grow your own!

Sierra Pecheur sierrapecheur at verizon.net
Thu Mar 24 05:11:01 PST 2005

The article is wonderful. Sierra
:;
Subject: Re: rock dust growing vegetables in Scotland

Hello Folks

Many of you may be aware of a book that came out twenty years ago entitled ""The Survival of Civilization" by John Hamaker and Don Weaver. This book was a particular favorite of the late Dr. John Ray's, and one that he spent much time lecturing about in the late 1980s at his own seminars. The book deals with the demineralization of the earth through a combination of natural forces as well as mankind's own activities, and puts for the theory that the earth is periodically remineralized through the action of glaciers during ice ages. It also discusses the use of finely ground rock dust to remineralize soil, basically mimicking the action of the glaciers.

Anyways, here is an article about a couple in Scotland who've applied Hamaker and Weaver's ideas to their own little farm, and have managed to take a previously barren bit of land and turn it into a wonderfully fertile place using rock dust from their local quarry. This was sent to me by my good friend Peter Hinde from England -- many thanks as always, Peter!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/beyond/factsheets/changing8_prog3.shtml
http://bbc.co.uk/education/beyond/factsheets/changing8_prog3.shtml
Cheers

Doug