[Mb-civic] Highly recommended

George R. Milman geomilman at milman.com
Fri Mar 18 23:18:30 PST 2005

I highly recommend subscribing to this free newsletter site.  I usually get
roughly 2 to 5 emails per day, many of which are quite interesting and right
on the money - especially if one follows the thread on a fairly regular
basis.  Declan McCullagh (see bio from the site below) includes viewpoints
from all sides when he thinks they are relevant.

Declan McCullagh is editor of the Politech web site and mailing list.

McCullagh founded Politech in 1994, and since then it
<http://www.politechbot.com/info/about/> has grown into a venerable online
community. For his day job, McCullagh is the chief political correspondent
for CNET Networks's  <http://www.news.com/> News.com. He lives and works in
Washington DC.

McCullagh's articles have appeared in scores of publications including
George magazine, The New Republic, the Wall Street Journal, Playboy
magazine, Communications of the ACM, and the Harvard Journal of Law and
Public Policy. He has appeared on NPR's All Things Considered, ABC News'
Good Morning America, NBC Evening News, Court TV, and CNN. He has been an
Adjunct Professor of Law at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland,
Ohio for the 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 school years. Previously McCullagh was
the Washington bureau chief for Wired News, in addition to being a reporter
at Time Inc. and HotWired.

McCullagh's photos have appeared in scores of publications including The New
York Times, The Los Angeles Times, Scientific American, Gear magazine, and
Premiere magazine. They appear in the Getty Images archive. They have
appeared on magazine covers, book covers (most recently "Smoothing The Rough
Edges," about life in Istanbul) and have been incorporated into television
segments including programs created by the Australian Broadcasting
Corporation. He has worked on assignment for the Canadian

Unsubscribing is easy if you disagree, although I doubt you will.

 <http://www.politechbot.com/> http://www.politechbot.com/

George R. Milman