[Mb-civic] China, Karen Hughes, Tom Delay, WalMart, NPR

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Mar 16 16:36:32 PST 2005

China, Karen Hughes, Tom Delay, WalMart, NPR

Michael,  I don't get Civic in digest form, so I don't know which article
you're talking about in reference to China, pls send it to me or post it up
here again so I can see it, thanks.  As far as my own outlook on China,
there have been several interesting points made here in posts recently about
it, one describing what would happen if China ever catches up to "us" in
becoming like us in their consuming, the world would simply be unable to
supply their demands of consumption of resources (I won't reference India's
population now), the other was the one about Taiwan and referred to the
Japanese slaughter of millions of Chinese during WWII, the latter has a good
point there, the Chinese will never forgive them for that tiny act.  My take
on it is that unless something extraordinary happens, the US will one day
find itself facing a Chinese military who has already stormed Taiwan and
taken full possession of it, and will acquiesce, just as they did with
Tibet.  Nothing worth fighting over to them and having to engage in a
full-scale war with China over something it used to own.  As far as
consuming, I look at it like this, China is not going to stop growing, nor
consuming.  And all those incredible computations of it sucking up resources
from a world that will someday be completely unable to meet its demands,
will simply come true, rather than remain in the category of projected
possibilities.  It's an inevitability people should start to come to grips
with now (and plan accordingly), rather than later when it is much too late
to even mildly think about, but they live in the "Now", the "Problem"
remains "not really fully gelled" in the Present, they do not or can not see
the "Future", therefore it remains the "Task" of someone far from now to
deal with effectively.  Fat chance.  I dunno, just for population and
resources problems alone, I have always been a great fan of things like
inter-galactic space travel and offworld colonization, the only problem that
we have with that is that we are living on a planet that hunted things like
the carrier pigeon into extinction and often seems to have the combined
intellect of a marble.

Karen Hughes.  Heh.  Oh crap.  The lady who helped with every Propaganda and
Dirty Trick angle she could muster to put George into the White House.  I'm
surprised that Karl Rove takes credit for anything almost in the shadow of
Karen.  It's nice to hear she finally got back with the main crowd up in
D.C. and will be handling the Propaganda to convince the entire rest of the
world what great people George & Gang are and represent.  This should
finally really get the ball rolling in the right direction.  If ever there
was a female anti-hero (other than Rice), Karen is our man.

Tom Delay.  A tawdry cheap mean crook.  As are most with this new (same old)
gang at the top.  One can only hope they hand him his head on a stick.  The
only problem is that there will always be another one just like him to step
up to the podium to release Democracy from its suffering into the already
bloodied hands of people just like him.  Gives the term of "care giver" a
new twist.  He's a bad person.  I don't like him.  He has done bad things.
He is not alone.  Bad bad bad.

Listening the other night to NPR, they came to a commercial break, and
WalMart is now a great sponsor of their radio efforts.  It was lovely to
reminisce about tobacco companies and beer companies and etc sponsoring such
things as tennis matches, football games, sports every youngster loves and
enjoys, as I listened to the WalMart advertisement boom out inbetween all
the messages coming from NPR.  Kind of made me feel that, finally, sanity
has returned to earth.

:|

With Karen Hughes finally fully back in The Game spreading the same
propaganda goodwill now across the globe that helped get George elected as
king here and with WalMart now oozing its ads across the NPR network, China
should work out just fine for everyone.

Taiwan..?   Ah, just another blister waiting to be popped.