[Mb-civic] A Day in the Life of the Homeless in America

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at msn.com
Tue Mar 15 20:46:00 PST 2005

Re: the Homeless... has anyone read the book "Stranger to the System"? It is actual folks telling their story of a New York City homeless community, mostly around Tompkins Square park....I read the book in one day...could not put it down.

Stranger to the System
Jim Flynn
Nelson Hall
Curbside Press

peace,
barbara

   A Day in the Life of the Homeless in America

    By Sharon Cohen

    The Associated Press

    Sunday 27 February 2005

>From villages to large cities, homelessness has spread like dye through the weave of Americas social fabric. A single day in the life of the homeless reveals hundreds of thousands without shelter, and blame goes to everything from the lack of affordable housing and unemployment to drug abuse, mental illness and a flawed foster care system.

Find complete story at;

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/022705Y.shtml

Good HAIR Days: A Personal Journey with the American Tribal Love-Rock Musical HAIR, by Jonathon Johnson. For more information on the book and how to order it, visit www.goodhairdays.net. Visit our other websites at www.uversa.net and www.kidstherapyassociates.com.