[Mb-civic] NYTimes.com: A Fine Rendition

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sat Mar 12 01:32:43 PST 2005

Re:  NYTimes.com: A Fine Rendition

======
Second, the rendition program has been a tremendous success. Dozens of
senior Qaeda fighters are today behind bars, no longer able to plot or
participate in attacks. Detainee operations also netted an untold number of
computers and documents that increased our knowledge of Al Qaeda's makeup
and plans.

Third, if mistakes were made, like the alleged cases of innocent detainees,
they should be corrected, but the C.I.A. officers who followed orders should
not be punished. Perfection is never attainable in the fog of war, and any
errors should not distract from the overwhelming success of the program.

All Americans owe a debt of gratitude to the men and women of the agency who
executed these presidentially requested and approved operations, often at
the risk of their lives. Unfortunately, rather than receiving thanks, the
C.I.A. officers are again learning the usual lesson: to follow orders, make
America safer and prepare to be abandoned and prosecuted when the policy
makers refuse to defend their own decisions.

Michael Scheuer is the author of "Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing
the War on Terror."
=======

I really haven't read this guy's book.  Maybe it's a really great book.

Yet, am I missing something...?  Is his book really great, defending the
core principles and mechanisms of real democracy and outing all the bad
stuff and people..?  Or...  or whatever.  Like I said, I haven't read the
book.

I still find myself disagreeing with him, and anyone else, that sending
*anyone* to a 2nd country to be tortured under their "legal system of their
own country" so we can attain various information remains nothing less than
a complete separate system of Democracy within America that conducts a
global game of "Spy vs Spy" from the Mad Magazine era.

With the continued complete inability and willingness to admit America's
culpability and complicity in even the smallest tiniest fragmentation of
something called "Terrorism", our People At The Top are not about to anytime
soon do about face from the "Full Speed Ahead" movement that has been going
on forever here now it seems to obtain or destroy whatever it is that we
desire or is in our way.

To study and practice War endlessly, and never seek any other viable
alternatives, has become the norm of our beloved country, no longer the
exception, even it it means we must to the end of time deny our own
involvement in the creations of less desirable movements and situations
around the planet which we ourselves helped to create, perpetuate,
manipulate, and, at the lower levels, always pay the price for in more ways
than just our simple expendable lives.

Leaders like that we can live without, and Democracy will thrive, rather
than turn into what has become nothing much more than, as Eisenhower stated,
a military industrial fiasco, taking us to the poorhouse and the graveyard,
as they march bravely back to their banks to deposit their spoils of The
Endless War.

"Rendering" people to be tortured to countries to "get vital information
from them which we need" remains nothing less, again, than just another line
written in a script which should have been torn up and burned in ritual
Democratic ceremony centuries ago here in America, but which some people
still profit off of so greatly that you can no longer even get close enough
to the holy words of the dogs of war to even spit on it.

If you did, they would just shoot you, and whitewash the entire incident,
just as they always have, again, for Centuries.

It's pleasant to live in dreams, especially when you yourselves at the
bottom pay to with your hard earned taxes and through really poor Leadership
to help create, foster and breed Terrorism to begin with on some levels,
then have its very life used against you to further manipulate you into
putting more money into fighting Terrorism which you have already payed to
help develop, but then you wake up one day and realize, hey, you're not even
in control of your own Country anymore.

That's a good feeling.

Then you get to stay up at night and dream of people screamin in 2nd
countries which you've paid to fly over there to be tortured to extract
information from them about Terrorism which you yourself helped to pay for
and execute through poor Leadership, just so you can protect yourself from
the Terrorists which you helped create, thereby, through Torture to begin
with, losing another little slice of your ever-evaporating soul, what's left
of it.

And America is never to blame for any of it.

As any of our Top People.  They'll all tell you.  Just like they told the
world on international television a few moments and days after 911.

"Ok, now let's not play The Blame Game.  We have a common enemy and cause
now.  Let's just move on to The Future to the Fight that we are now engaged
in.  The Blame Game is off the map."

Everybody at The Top who could reach a camera during those moments and days
said the exact same thing, as if that was the script going around on The
Hill from office to office.

A TON of Our Own People at The Top actually helped to literally Create the
current situation we are in and the level of Terrorism that we get to enjoy
and very likely look forward to.

That's one reason so many coverups and whitewashes and people involved
investigating themselves and etc etc etc will =never= go away, fix itself,
or make it better, or, God forbid, ever find themselves stooping so low as
to reveal their own involvement in the entire situation by sinning the
greatest sin of all in America at The Top by Telling The Simple Truth.

It's just too much for them to accomplish.

The great Lie and the great Illusions and the great Body Counts that so many
people have, are, and will enjoy in the Future remain much more desirable
than a courtroom and prison, or the firing squad for Treason itself against
America.

Not much more I can say, I just disagree with the great value of "Rendering"
people to be Tortured anywhere or for any reason.

Do I have a direct alternative.  Well, no, not immediately as I'm briefly
thinking about it, give me the entire budget of The United States Of America
at The Top, for just one week, and I'm sure that any 6 year old could come
up with something better.

I'll need some different brains than the ones that are currently at The Top
here if we're going to have a realistic think tank about it all, as these
were tainted long ago.  As to their souls, you couldn't find them if they
were an elephant hiding in a haystack.

As Rumsfeld once said "Well, heck, dangit, there's just some bad people out
there in the world, and sometimes you just have to do bad things to catch
the bad guys..."

There's only a few problems with that.  We ourselves, our sick poor
Leadership among others, helped to actually created those "bad guys", and
yet we now want to go out and catch them.  Well, hey, guys, that's great.
They did bad things, they need to be punished.

I just still can not figure out why you yourselves are too gutless to face
the music for your own crimes to begin with.

And for getting all the rest of us Bottom People in the thick of your own
crimes and bullsh*t which you spent OUR money to help create to begin with.

Eisenhower continues to be right in his farewell presidential speech about
the Military Industrial Complex "eating America and its children in the
Future".

The only problem is that The Future he warned America about is here already,
has been for a while, that "Complex" does NOT get smaller and less lethal to
America, Democracy, and The World as each day goes by, and our own Congress
sits there and gets slapped down endlessly as everything in the world
continues to be CLASSIFIED so nobody can even read it to begin with, and our
Bad People at our Top continue to Investigate Themselves and put out the
most ridiculous whitewashed and altered reports to save their own butts like
it was going out of style.

And if anyone objects, they're labelled as "Unpatriotic" and "Not in support
of our Military Personnel".

I'd like to see somebody say that to Eisenhower's face today if he called
them the crooks they remain each day as we pay their salaries at The Top.

Here's the bottom line problem.  If Eisenhower were alive today, and he
called them on all their bullsh*t they have been able to accomplish at
anyone else's expense but their own since Eisenhower's day up to the
present, they would bury Eisenhower, his career, his character, and if
necessary, his body, in a cement block right beside Jimmy Hoffa.

I could have done without such Great Leadership yesterday, I can do without
it today, and I, and America, and The World, can do without it Tomorrow.

The puzzle we have left sitting in our lap is that it has absolutely no
intention of going away, and anyone who gets in its path, it will destroy,
at the drop of a hat.

And it still demands we pay its salary every time it barks in our direction,
and with the blood of innocent soldiers caught up in their endless useless
"Spy vs Spy" game which our people at The Top helped create so long ago and
continue to nurse and worship like it is the golden calf itself.

That, along with something called "Rendering", remains about as far away
from even the most remote unimportant facts that I was taught about how
"America is" and "America is supposed to be" and "America will one day be"
in "all her glory and freedom" as a child, or even as an adult.

That remains unacceptable to anyone with even a needle's eye strand of true
patriotism left in them in America.

Now if you could just find some way to remove the apple pie gag, the God
earmuffs, and the red white and blue blindfold that has been molded into
some of the finest Propaganda I have ever seen coming from The Top, from The
People who profess that War remains God because "Our Top Guys would never
screw us or lie to us", you might actually have something, to nibble on, for
miniscule opening cards.

It's kind of funny when you sit around and watch day by day something that
used to be considered a "Democracy" turn slowly but surely into nothing but
a cheap copy of "Starship Troopers".

I would actually laugh about it, but I'm still busy counting all the cool
dead bodies my taxes have bought me all these many years.

Truly something to pass down throughout the decades and centuries to those
whom you love with all your heart.

As if you have a f*cking choice.

Cheeseburger

-  America..?  Yeah, well, we had to get rid of that b*tch.  She started
complaining too much.  Didn't like how I was runnin' the place, heh...  I
seem to remember watching her pull up her panties, shoot me the finger, and
walk out the door.  Never heard from her again.  But, look, we got a new
one, his name is Olaf, he's out in the back cleaning his gun and humming
marching tunes, I'm sure he can fill all your needs.......