[Mb-civic] Your Death Should Be Your Choice

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Wed Mar 9 17:14:14 PST 2005

This story was sent to you by: michael butler

--------------------
Your Death Should Be Your Choice

If the right to die is consistently denied, what does freedom mean?

By Crispin Sartwell
Crispin Sartwell's most recent book is "Six Names of Beauty" (Routledge, 2004).

March 9 2005

My father died in 1980 of emphysema, a disease that resembles drowning over a period of years. When the time came to send him to the hospital for the fifth session of useless, torturous intensive care, he, my stepmother, my brother and I decided it was enough.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-sartwell9mar09,0,6707841.story

Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com