[Mb-civic] Aw Shucks, A Brief Review Of Who You're Dealing With, Dangit

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Tue Mar 8 09:08:52 PST 2005

Aw Shucks, A Brief Review Of Who You're Dealing With, Dangit

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2004_06/004089.php

A little article (among a zillion other analysts) from June of 2004 (not
*that* long ago) by Kevin Drum, just a brief review of the 2000 Texas
Republican Party Platform.  I believe they've toned some of the language
down in the 2004 version, trying to "quaintly" blend in with the real humans
left walking the planet, but this remains, basically, who you are up
against.

The complete 2000 Platform for your perusal if you haven't seen it is at:
http://www.rlctx.org/RLCTX/Texas%20Republican%20Party%20Platform%202000.htm
But Mr. Drum has some nice insight into it at the first website.

Partial Synopsis:  If they could round up all the gay people and put them in
either little camps or to death, end abortions forever, eliminate all social
programs that help the poor or needy, abolish the EPA, HUD, HHS and the
Department Of Education, eliminate the UN, eliminate Social Security,
abolish the Federal Minimum Wage, create a complete Theocracy here to
replace whatever it is we've been living under since 1776, eliminate
separation of Church and State, teach Creationism in all Science classes,
and pre-emptively strike at anyone abroad that catches their fancy, the
world would finally be where it belongs, under their bloody thumb.

So far they're doing a bang up job.

A relentless assault on all fronts, domestically and abroad, shock and awe
to the bitter end, one misdirection on top of a myriad number of other
misdirections, endlessly, distract and keep the opposition busy, again On
All Fronts, while you undermine and destroy them completely.  Sound a little
like Terrorists, don't they...

With the actual Media complicit in the entire treasonable arrangement, the
powers of positive thinking will one day simply become something legislated
and regulated only at the whim of a Republican dominated Congress.

I know to some this is not "news", but I just thought I'd type it again as
you're feeding the bluebirds on your shoulder.

Someone here once stated something like don't worry "we" will someday get
hold of the reins of it all again.

At this rate, that remains nothing but wishful thinking.  Regardless, they
will always be waiting in the wings to retake them if ever they are wrested
from their psychotic hands.

Drum's "update" post on his original is at:

http://www.calpundit.com/archives/002388.html

I know I don't have to remind anyone that the Texas branch of the Republican
Party, among others, are the ones who put Bush, Delay, and Rove into power,
and are also the people who were able to dupe both the Hispanic vote with
the Alberto "Quaint" Gonzales nut, and 25 Million American Christians into
throwing their might behind them, but I thought I would anyway.

The rabid merciless wolves in human clothing gaining control of the hen
house has always been a treacherously infectious disease that has spread far
and wide across the planet, I just never thought we would see it gain
complete control in and of this country called America.

I stand corrected.

But I'm still standing, dammit.

All we need right about now is the GhostBusters to activate the Statue Of
Liberty to come save our *sses.

I never realized dictators were so smiley and friendly before.

Makes me want to burst into song.

"The hills are alive....  with the sound of madness....."

"Jesus loves the little children, all the little children of the world, red
and yellow black and white, but especially the white ones, and not the gay
ones, or the ones that need abortions, or the poor and needy ones, or the
ones that don't believe in him, or the nimby treehuggers, or the ones that
don't love war, or the scummy ones that don't want to work for a dollar an
hour, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves all the little children of
the world..."

I had a dream...  A great bird came from the sky, ate the Republican party,
and then the real music finally came back on.

And then I woke back up.

Cheeseburger

. Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes...  Are you crazy, those
are the Republican Nuts...   Oh...yeah...   Nevermind...     Fire at will,
lads.......