[Mb-civic] Truthout.org - Dean Says Democrats 'Not Going to Concede the South'

Jonathon Johnson goodhairdays at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 11:41:13 PST 2005

  Dean Says Democrats 'Not Going to Concede the South'
    By Emily Wagster Pettus
    The Associated Press
    Wednesday 02 March 2005

    JACKSON, Miss. - Praying for American troops and evoking biblical images of helping the needy, Howard Dean told Mississippi Democrats on Tuesday night that the national party won't give up on socially conservative states.

    "We're not going to concede the South," the new chairman of the Democratic National Committee told an overflow crowd of more than 900 people in a dining room that was set up for 800 in the Clarion hotel near downtown Jackson.

    "The South will rise again, and when it does, it will have a D after its name," Dean said to applause from the diverse crowd of blacks and whites.

Find the complete article at: http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/030305L.shtml

Good HAIR Days: A Personal Journey with the American Tribal Love-Rock Musical HAIR, by Jonathon Johnson. For more information on the book and how to order it, visit www.goodhairdays.net. Visit our other websites at www.uversa.net and www.kidstherapyassociates.com.