[Mb-civic] Re: White House Leak

Rhaerther at aol.com Rhaerther at aol.com
Sat Mar 5 07:50:59 PST 2005

I would agree with Mr. Wolf, this is not a free press issue as not only has
the Intelligence Protection Identities Act been violated, this administration
has been caught many times paying objective members of the "liberal" media to
 schill the administration policies, a violation of the regulations regarding
 propaganda.  The reporters wanted the byline, common sense and ethics
should have set off little personal warning bells that this could  compromise an
agent, the agent's life, and all those associated with the agent  and lead to
legal action in the form of prosecution.  The reporters went  for the glory, now
they are paying for their lack of judgement.  I'm  wondering if an argument
could be made that the media actions of the Shrub  ad(vertising)ministration
may actually weaken a true free press defense when  needed?

Richard Haerther