[Mb-civic] Re: a pretty pass

Rhaerther at aol.com Rhaerther at aol.com
Sat Mar 5 07:34:29 PST 2005

madbaker, The St. Petersburg Times runs portrait shots of some  of the troops
killed every Sunday, many of them look like they should be  sneaking dad's
beer instead of being killed in an unjust war of deception.   The same media
that will run a front page photo of someone locally run-over and  killed by a
car, bodies being carried out of the house up the street, or photos  of the
aftermath of a suicide bomber on an Iragi police training post,  blood, body parts,
and all doesn't show photos of dead US troops.  It seems  to be a "it's all
right to show the other photos because it's not our troops  because pictures of
what is reality may upset our readers" mentality.  It  was the "upset
readers" mentality that contributed to people standing up and  saying what was
happening in Vietnam was wrong.  I don't think a single  national media organization
has the courage to stand-up and show a wounded  soldier screaming for help.

Richard Haerther